Media Prep Assistant
General, Finance & Administration
We are passionate about engineering organisms at Ginkgo Bioworks to address fundamental challenges the world is facing today. We are looking for a like-minded individual to assist with media preparation for our labs. We want to transform genetic engineering into an integrated, industrialized technology pipeline, and our labs are the center of our work. We have launched multiple foundries for engineering organisms containing custom CAD/CAM software, robotic automation, the latest genetic and genome engineering tools, high resolution LC-MS, automated fermentation, and much more.
If you are thoughtful, meticulous, well-organized, energetic, collaborative, and want to learn about and provide support for a critical set of processes within our foundries please apply.
- Glassware washing, storing, and ordering.
- Autoclaving glassware and prepping for sterile use.
- Autoclave validation testing
- Stock designated stations with in-house media.Supply chain management of in-house made laboratory consumables.
- Preparation of standard liquid media, agar media, and stock solutions.
- Quality control testing of in-house media.Monitor general work stations by maintaining cleanliness.
- Assist in other duties as required in order to maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Associate’s degree with 1 year laboratory experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related discipline preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Basic computer skills required: word processing and spreadsheets, experience with computer databases preferred.
- Experience operating basic manual and automated laboratory equipment preferred i.e autoclave, glass washer, plate pourer (can be trained).Ability to follow through independently and effectively on multiple tasks required.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to resolve problems required.
- Must be able to perform lifting and carrying of heavy items, including weights up to 30lbs on occasion.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be receptive to instruction and demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must work well independently and also as part of a team.