Commercial Operations Intern (Summer 2021)
Boston, MA /
Internships and Co-ops /
Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
As a Commercial Operations Intern, you will partner with our core technical and commercial teams to help drive commercialization of the Ginkgo platform. You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and work to identify and size new markets, prioritize and expand engagement with existing customers, support delivery of existing customer commitments, and partner with leaders across the company to drive commercial efficiency. You will play a critical role in identifying trends and areas of commercial opportunity for Ginkgo.
Please note: this is a paid internship that will take place from May through August 2021.
- Support management and improvement of pipeline portfolio
- Support on-site visits with Ginkgo clients and external parties
- Create Commercial processes and knowledge management
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or science-related field, with a minimum of one year of related experience
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to develop fact-based and informed opinions
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Effective narrative development skills
- Proven track record of project ownership and results orientation
- Experience in technical field (biotech or life sciences industry strongly preferred)
- Experience with the industrial chemical industry preferred, but not required
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
Ginkgo Bioworks Awarded $40MM NIH RADx-ATP Contract to Expand High Throughput SARS-CoV-2 Testing (PR Newswire)
Ginkgo Bioworks Provides Support on Process Optimization to Moderna for COVID-19 Response (PRNewswire)
The Life Factory: Synthetic Organisms From This $1.4 Billion Startup Will Revolutionize Manufacturing (Forbes)
We also feel that it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
We’re developing a powerful biological engineering platform, we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can – and will – impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that it’s something we’ll be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, it’s critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.