Ginkgo Bioworks is rapidly iterating on building the world’s best Foundry capable of delivering many organisms to customers in many markets.
Our approaches are designed to scale the construction of new microorganisms 100-1000X over traditional bench-top engineering via the development of custom software and automation tools. We are seeking software engineers for our growing team in order to improve and scale our existing technologies for our future Foundries.
You are the ideal Bioinformatics Analyst if you love working closely with a team in a collaborative environment to deliver high quality data and strains. We especially need your expertise in summarizing and displaying complex primary data into actionable metrics to inform the next round of strain engineering. We need your enthusiasm for efficiency and understanding biology to help us meet our mission of making biology easier to engineer.
- Troubleshoot and contribute to custom software in order to enable high throughput molecular biology pipelines.
- Understand the automated liquid handling tools and methods and molecular biology techniques that this software will support.
- Contribute to analyzing data from high throughput molecular biology pipelines and work with software developers, biologists and automation engineers to make the pipelines even more efficient and high quality.
- Jump in and help with whatever is needed to get the job done: NGS analysis, UI development, database cleanup, you never know!
- A few years of experience using molecular biology, automated liquid handling or software.
- Understanding of molecular biology, microbiology, genetics or relevant field.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced-environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and act quickly and efficiently.
- Strong desire for further understanding.
- Enjoy customer service and explaining concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Penchant for teaching concepts in an open and collaborative environment.
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack - we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.