Senior Associate, Development
New York /
Girls Who Code has been named one of the Best Non Profits to Work For and is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace environment that allows employees to be engaged, productive and successful.
The Girls Who Code (GWC) Development Team is searching for a systems-minded client manager to help drive fundraising success for a unique set of corporate donors.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, New Business, the Sr Associate will assist in helping the team meet its fundraising goals through intentional prospecting, creative communication and responsive account management. The Sr Associate will utilize tools and systems to secure and renew corporate partnerships (primarily those from $5,000-$50,000 annually) and facilitate the execution of partner benefits through internal collaboration processes.
The successful candidate might have sales or client account management experience, a strong commitment to using systems to work efficiently, and experience with (or strong desire to learn) email marketing software. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are driven by collaboration and continuous learning. And you’re energized by and committed to our mission and the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This is a full-time position that is based in New York City. A regular hybrid work schedule, requiring 2 in-office days per week, is currently in place. Subject to change. We are not considering remote applicants.
- Own moves management for assigned portfolio of corporate partners, including tracking key dates and driving progress on renewal cycle action items
- Utilize strategic communications tools and team systems to manage all aspects of client relationships within assigned portfolio
- Assist team with prospect research and the cultivation of new partnerships at assigned giving level
- Leverage existing data and tools to skillfully manage sales and renewal cycles
- Craft compelling communications with clear calls to action designed to secure new partnerships or funding renewal
- Collaborate internally to ensure partner sponsorship activation
- Provide inbound support to group of assigned partners
- Work with team stakeholders and Systems team to inform improvement of infrastructure solutions for managing partners at scale (Examples: Yesware, Salesforce)
- 2-3 years of applicable experience, which may include experience in the nonprofit development/fundraising, email marketing, sales or account management sectors. If you don’t fit neatly into any of these buckets, please still apply! We know relevant experience can span industries and functions.
- Strong sense of accountability to deadlines and fundraising goals
- Proactive working style -- identifies growth areas quickly and proposes solutions for improvement
- Be comfortable working and collaborating with in-person and remote team members
- Embrace challenges and adopt new responsibilities with creativity, initiative, and self-direction
- Demonstrate comfort with adjusting work to evolving priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Proficiency or strong interest to learn Salesforce and comfort utilizing on a daily basis
- Proficiency or strong interest to learn sales email software such as Yesware
- Knowledge of and/or interest in non-profit, CS/tech education, or CSR/social impact spaces preferred
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.