Campus Recruitment Director
We're looking for a strategic and driven Recruitment Director to lead student recruitment for Campus, our new two-week fee-for-service immersion program for middle and high school girls. Campus programs are designed to incite a real passion for computer science in girls, build their awareness of careers in technology and inspire them to join a supportive sisterhood of girls who code across the U.S. Our Campus programs are hosted on-site at partner universities and secondary schools and take place during the summer months.
As Campus’s Recruitment Director, you will report to the Head of Campus and be responsible for recruiting students to Girls Who Code’s first-ever paid program. You have experience building and executing sales or recruitment strategies from the ground-up. You combine an entrepreneurial mindset with a deep passion for bringing high-quality computer science education to thousands of girls. You are comfortable working in a dynamic, start-up-like environment and leading strategy and execution of a large body of work.
- Lead Campus student recruitment strategy and execution, securing over one thousand paying students for our programs in a diverse set of markets in a cost-effective and scalable way
- Pilot and implement recruitment strategies that include partnerships with local and national organizations (schools, universities, community organizations), community organizing, online marketing, and more
- Develop understanding of the student recruitment landscape in each market with Campus programs and tailor recruitment strategies by market
- Hire and lead a network of community organizers responsible for building great relationships with local organizations, hosting info sessions, educating students and parents about our programs, and supporting students through the application and on boarding process
- With the Senior Director of Business Development, provide marketing and sales support to school and university partners to recruit students from their networks
- With Marketing, create student recruitment materials including print and digital materials, swag, emails, blog posts, and social media copy.
- With the Campus Program Operations Associate, ensure the application and onboarding process is easy-to-use and intuitive and implement strategies to improve application conversion rates
- Collaborate with SIP and Clubs Recruitment teams to ensure consistency, alignment, and coordination across our programs
- Stay up-to-date on the expanding K-12 computer science education market
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus
- 5+ years of private sector experience in fields like consulting, finance, marketing or operations management experience. Relevant experience in sales or recruitment a plus
- Data-driven decision-maker and strong analytical thinker
- Stellar sales skills and ability to get inside the mind of a customer
- Entrepreneurial, brave, and open to taking risks and trying new things
- Thrives in fast-paced environment; able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and bold goals
- Successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, and executing quickly and effectively
- Detail-oriented with superb organization skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, maturity, positivity and confidence
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all partners to think inclusively for the improvement of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.