Part-time Data Analyst
New York /
Research & Evaluation /
Girls Who Code has a highly evidence-based culture that is dedicated to the thoughtful application of data to inform practice and demonstrate the impact of our work.
Working on the Research and Analytics team, the Data Analyst supports the management, collection, analysis, and reporting of data. This role will report directly to the Programs Data Analyst and under the overall supervision of the Senior Director of Research and Analytics. This is a part-time position, working no more than 25 hours per week.
This role is responsible for supporting the management and use of data across the organization for various purposes. This includes: identifying issues with data cleanliness and quality and planning and executing projects to address those needs, collecting, analyzing, and reporting data to internal and to external stakeholders to measure the quality and impact of our initiatives and inform strategic planning and ongoing program improvement.
Ideal candidates will be proficient with the tools and systems used by the organization to obtain, track, and analyze data, including Salesforce, Tableau (or other business intelligence/data visualization programs), and Alchemer (fka SurveyGizmo). The management of these systems and ability to utilize them to fulfill internal and external data needs will be a key aspect of the Data Analyst’s role.
- Collaborate with the System Operations team to ensure that data is reportable, easily handled, and well-documented, identifying data inconsistencies and cleaning data as needed
- Support the collection, analysis, and management of data and ensure data is readily available across the organization and illustrates current outcomes and impact
- Conduct the merging, cleaning, and deduping of data obtained from multiple sources
- Utilize Tableau to develop data dashboards and visualizations that display results
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Statistics, Math, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 1-3 years of prior experience with data management, data science, or related areas
- Expertise with data manipulation and analysis using multiple compatible and non-compatible systems and tools (e.g., Salesforce, Advanced Excel, Python, SQL)
- Experience identifying inconsistencies in data structures and data cleanliness
- An eye for details with superb organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Thrives in dynamic environment; able to work effectively to meet tight deadlines and goals
- Desire to learn and grow as part of a small organization; standout teammate with a flexible, creative, and analytical approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of and/or interest in computer science, technology, and/or education preferred
- Authentic passion for Girls Who Code’s mission to close the gender gap in the technology industry through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.