Senior Manager, Talent Acquistion
New York /
People & Culture /
Girls Who Code (GWC) is looking for a Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition to help find, attract and hire the best and brightest talent for our organization. Working as part of the People & Culture team, the Manager will be responsible for utilizing traditional and creative sourcing techniques to identify and hire exceptional team members.
They will own a portfolio of positions and conduct full life-cycle recruiting, as well as work on large scale, high-volume seasonal hiring. The goal for this role is to ensure the timely selection of high-quality talent, who believe in our mission and will support GWC’s culture. The Manager will report to the Senior Director, People & Culture - Talent.
This role is temporarily remote.
- Proactively source, recruit, engage, and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for all assigned staff roles
- Partner with hiring manager throughout the entire search process including kick-off, strategy, and execution of search engagement
- Build a robust pipeline and diverse pool of potential candidates that could meet current or future hiring needs from relevant networks, online and internal databases, employee referrals and passive candidates through networking and research
- Develop an innovative and scalable strategic plan to hire seasonal summer teaching staff
- Contribute to the development of strategies and measurable outcomes for accountability in attracting candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
- Convey a sense of GWC culture through positive interactions with potential hires and ensure all candidates – whether successfully placed or not – have the best possible experience with GWC
- Keep candidates continually informed with quality communications throughout the hiring process
- Step in to support other People & Culture initiatives when needed
- Minimum 7 years of recruitment experience, both for individual staff roles as well as for high-volume seasonal teaching positions
- Deep sourcing and research experience utilizing a wide toolbox
- Experience thinking like a brand ambassador to execute and support a competitive recruitment campaign that includes email campaigns, information sessions/panels, networking events
- Exceptional project management skills, including setting, communicating, and maintaining timelines and priorities on mission-critical, deadline-driven project
- Strong client service orientation and relationship-building skills
- Resourceful, and action-oriented; always looking for ways of improving the quality of the work
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative, organization, and attention to detail
- Skilled with recruiting technology and metrics, including applicant tracking systems and reporting
- A wizard in all things GSuite
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Previous experience working for a nonprofit or education space preferred
- Experience hiring internationally a plus
- Commitment to Girls Who Code’s mission and the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.