Manager, Program Operations - Enrollment
New York /
Girls Who Code has been named one of the Best Non Profits to Work For and is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace environment that allows employees to be engaged, productive and successful.
Girls Who Code is seeking a full-time Manager of Program Operations to manage the logistical aspects of Girls Who Code K-12 and College and Career program enrollment and implementation. Projects include, but are not limited to, the development of application and onboarding processes, student support and data system management, and external program messaging.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Program Operations, the Manager, Program Operations will be responsible for overseeing a team of part-time, temporary Operations Specialists focused on program enrollment. The ideal candidate will be self-directed and resourceful, be flexible and responsive to organizational change, and be a cross-collaborative project manager who can balance both strategy and program management to enhance quality and consistency continuously. Strong communication skills, customer service orientation, and the ability to spot inefficiencies and integrate cross-functional feedback into technical solutions are needed for this role.
The ideal candidate has at least four (4) years of demonstrated experience in project and/or program management, preferably in an educational or non-profit organization setting providing direct service. They bring strong technical skills and attention to detail, along with a commitment to the mission of Girls Who Code.
This is a full-time position that is based in New York City. A regular hybrid work schedule, requiring 2 in-office days per week, is currently in place. Subject to change. We are not considering remote applicants.
Systems Infrastructure & Data Management (50%)
- Build and implement program registrations, scholarships, and on-boarding systems for K-12 and College and Career programs.
- Manage external applications to award over $700K in program grants.
- Oversee Application Tracking Systems ensuring data cleanliness for over 20,000 Summer Program applicants in Salesforce.
- Develop and refine systems to track and support Clubs program applications to increase the annual submission rate.
- Create reports, dashboards, and other tools to maximize and effectively measure progress toward program application and enrollment goals.
Program Logistics and Student Support (30%)
- Responsible for meeting ambitious student registration goals to ensure student enrollment within our K-12 and College and Career programs.
- Collaborate with our Legal team and System Operations team to coordinate all needed program releases and waivers for students, families, and participating community organizations.
- Serve as project manager for program attendance processes, which includes developing our attendance process, training internal staff, and closely tracking daily program attendance to monitor and address participant absences.
Team Management and Training (20%)
- Manage a part-time, temporary remote team of 3-6 Operations Specialists to provide best-in-class support to students and families for program registration and onboarding by overseeing enrollment processes and external communication strategies.
- Facilitate both internal and external stakeholder training on navigation, utility, and best practices for program enrollment and onboarding platforms.
- Oversee annual hiring, onboarding, and off boarding processes for part-time, temporary staff.
- Train team members and stakeholders on GWC program logistics to empower them to promote our programs internally and externally.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in nonprofit operations management with an education or youth development focus.
- Experience working with complex operations, workflows, and systems, as well as designing and implementing new processes.
- Strong project management skills, alongside an ability to anticipate, prioritize, and manage timelines for cross-functional projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel/Google Suite formulas for data analysis is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with CRM platforms, such as Salesforce.
- Strong technical skills and experience with data analysis to track the progress of operational initiatives.
- Detail-oriented with superb organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude and builds strong working relationships.
- Cross-functional team player that works independently, but can also integrate other teams’ feedback and needs into processes, strategies, and solutions.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Commitment to Girls Who Code’s mission and the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent professional experience
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.