Senior Manager, New Business
New York /
The Senior Manager, New Business serves on the Development Team, reports to the VP of Development and works to establish and reach major fundraising goals on behalf of GWC.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in driving revenue through securing six figure sponsorships from corporations and meeting or exceeding quarterly revenue targets. The Senior Manager will leverage an existing prospect pipeline and use industry tools to generate new leads, as well as develop and execute a comprehensive sales plan for discrete programs or products, in conjunction with the broader revenue cycle.
Additionally, the Senior Manager will supervise a Digital Giving Manager, whose focus is raising small dollar donations through online campaigns. They will be responsible for helping set the Digital Giving goals, holding that individual accountable to goal attainment, determining the best tactics and strategies to drive this work forward.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Manager, New Business role is one who is goal oriented, thrives in a dynamic environment, can pivot quickly, is comfortable with shifting priorities, seeks new opportunities to sell, and has some people management experience.
- Establishes overall fundraising goals for corporate sponsorships, and creates quarterly goals and benchmarks
- Pitches existing programs, products and opportunities to reach multi-million dollar annual goal
- Uses tools, such as ZoomInfo and iWave, to build a corporate prospect pipeline, and is able to steer the moves management of a lead
- Researches/qualifies corporate giving potential from prospects
- Uses mass communication strategies and tools, such as YesWare and Campaign Monitor, to conduct extensive outreach
- Uses analytics to determine and conduct targeted follow up strategies
- Manages database for records and to facilitate moves management with prospects
- Prepares pitch decks, assets and deliverables for use in compelling sizable corporate gifts
- Collaborates closely with Marketing team to ensure sponsorship activation for corporates and in creation of cause marketing opportunities
- Works with Program Staff to discover areas of potential programming growth that can lead to sponsorships
- Collaborates with other development team members who have corporate leads
- Facilitates discovery and pitch meetings for CEO and/or VP Development with senior level corporate executives
- Oversees Digital Giving Manager, ensuring that individual has supports in place to create compelling campaigns and is positioned to reach their revenue targets
- Proven track record in closing 6-7 figure sales or gifts in excess of one million dollars annually
- 3-5 years direct experience building and maintaining a robust pipeline
- Possess strong skills in analyzing where opportunity exists and able to suggest creative tactics to leverage those opportunities
- Deep knowledge of tactics to drive lead generation, prospect profiling, budget cycles and the deployment of mass communication is a must
- Excellent cold pitching, presenting, writing, negotiating and closing skills
- Ability to use creative thinking in sponsorship development
- Proven experience building multifaceted sponsorships that include: cause marketing, employee volunteerism, program support, events, public relations, social media, etc.
- Must be comfortable managing multiple high priorities at once, and writing persuasive emails/proposals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willing to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Self-starter, motivated by goals, and committed to GWC’s mission of equity in tech
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.