Program Operations Manager, Student Support
New York /
Girls Who Code is seeking a Manager of Program Operations to spearhead strategy and process improvement around customer service and community engagement, student support, and general team management and training.
Reporting to the Director of Program Operations, the Manager, Program Operations will primarily develop strategy and processes to manage our K-12 and College and Career program models, including program implementation and evaluation, stakeholder management, training, communication, and customer/inbound support. The ideal candidate will be self-directed and resourceful, be flexible and responsive to organizational change, and be a cross-collaborative project manager who can balance both strategy and program management to continuously enhance quality and consistency. Strong communication skills, customer service orientation, and ability to spot inefficiencies and integrate cross-functional feedback into technical solutions is needed for this role.
The ideal candidate has experience managing remote teams, as well as leading the adoption of new technical systems. They bring experience with customer service and a commitment to the mission of Girls Who Code.
This is a full-time position that is based in New York City. A regular hybrid work schedule, requiring 2 in-office days per week, is currently in place. Subject to change. We are not considering remote applicants.
Program Logistics and Student Support (50% of role)
-Work with external vendors to develop and execute our technical fulfillment process, including comparing bids, processing fulfillment logistics, and managing any supply chain or stakeholder issues.
-Work closely with Systems Operations and Finance Teams to determine grant eligibility for students with demonstrated financial need, remit grant amounts to students via our third party vendor, and manage inbound questions and issues from grant recipients.
-Collect, track and monitor student accommodations and ensure support resources are coordinated for successful participation in our programs.
-Serve as administrator for student safety and risk mitigation incidents that occur in our direct model programming. Design the escalation process, train internal staff to respond to issues, and closely track inbound to ensure immediate, high-quality response to student issues and escalations.
Customer Service and Data Management (30% of role)
-Serve as the customer inbound support system administrator using the Zendesk platform for the entire organization: Manage inbound inquiries assignment & workflows, template responses, external FAQs, and reporting for agents across the organization.
-Create reports, dashboards, and other tools to effectively collect feedback from our community stakeholders (students, teachers, corporate partners) and measure progress toward team and organizational goals.
-Work closely with organizational stakeholders to ensure inbound data collection, management, and representation accurately reflect programmatic engagement and address volunteer needs.
-Outline structures and protocols to respond to inbound communications via email, SMS, and other support systems.
Team Management and Trainings (20% of role)
-Manage a part-time remote team of 2-4 Inbound Specialists to provide best-in-class customer service to program applicants, participants, and supporters
-Facilitate both internal and external stakeholder trainings on navigation, utility, and best practice of support platforms
-Support the Director of Program Operations in the hiring of new full-time staff and any part-time or seasonal staff hiring
- Minimum of 4 years experience in project and/or program management preferably at an organization providing direct service to students in grades K-12 or at the college level.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent professional experience
- Direct management experience required, preferably with remote or hybrid staff
- Strong project management skills; successful track record in setting, communicating, and maintaining timelines and priorities on cross-functional projects
- Customer service and/or experience drafting internal and external communications is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Zendesk and Salesforce preferred
- Cross-functional team player that works independently, but can also integrate other teams’ feedback and needs into processes, strategies, and solutions
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external partners
- A nimble leader who demonstrates a willingness to pitch-in, problem solve, and identify areas of improvement across the organization
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities
- Commitment to Girls Who Code’s mission and the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.