Technical Interview Prep Facilitator
The Girls Who Code Technical Interview Prep program prepares individuals getting ready to complete technical interviews for internships or jobs. Technical Interview Prep (TIP) begins with an asynchronous curriculum that is completed by the participant. When complete, the participant signs up for a TIP Bootcamp, an intensive two-day live session (virtual) with practice interview questions, peer support and feedback, and support from hiring managers and tech professionals.
The Technical Interview Prep Facilitator will be responsible for facilitating the two-day bootcamps. They will prepare for the technical interview prompt and then facilitate the first day of the bootcamp amongst the students, and then facilitate the second day of the workshop with corporate partner volunteers. They will also be responsible for some administrative tasks, including tracking attendance, logging submission of materials, and sending reminders.
Additional opportunities to facilitate other Girls Who Code College and Career Programs events may be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis including GWC Talk facilitation, Affinity Group facilitation, and more.
This is an independent contractor role that is remote and temporary. GWC will hire (4) Technical Interview Prep Facilitators, all four will receive training on how to facilitate bootcamps and general guidance on working with college aged students. Between October 2022 and June 2023, facilitators will be asked for availability and be assigned bootcamps or other panel facilitation on a first-come, first-serve basis as part of a pre-approved pool of facilitators. Once hired, we cannot guarantee any set amount of bootcamps or other paid opportunities other than the training.
When applying for this role, please include two references in your application materials.
Ideally these references would be supervisors or individuals who can speak to your previous professional experience working directly with students (experience with students in college is preferred). Please be sure to include name, title, organization, nature of relationshipInclude email and phone number
Required training for all facilitators will take place on both:
Monday, October 17th from 6:00-8:00 pm EST
Tuesday, October 18th from 6:00-8:00 pm EST
The Technical Interview Prep Bootcamps will take place on (applicants should apply if they are available for at least two of these dates):
November 11 & 18
Additional facilitation opportunities to be announced
- 1+ years of experience working with college aged students
- Experienced with students in college or a job readiness programs preferred
- Experience with technical interviews required
- Taken part in at least 3 technical interview hiring processes as a candidate
- Experience facilitating group activities virtually (through platforms like Zoom, Google Meets, etc)
- Experience providing students with constructive and positive verbal feedback
- Experience drafting and sending clear, concise communications (preferred)
- Experience or knowledge of the tech industry, computer science, or adjacent fields (preferred)
- Reliable, strong internet connection and access to a computer (one will not be provided)
- Previous experience as a GWC SIP TA or Instructor a plus but not required
- A Girls Who Code alumni of any of our programming a plus but not required
- Language Requirement: English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fastidious record keeping and organization
- Customer service orientation, helpful attitude
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.