Outreach Research & Data Specialist
Multiple Locations /
Girls Who Code is an international non-profit organization working to close the gender gap in technology. Through our free Summer Immersion Program, Self-Paced Program, and Clubs Program, we are leading the movement to inspire, educate, and equip young women with the skills to pursue careers in technology fields. Girls Who Code is searching for a dynamic, results-oriented Outreach Research & Data Specialist to support outreach partner lead curation initiatives to drive Girls Who Code programmatic expansion.
The ideal candidate has experience researching and maintaining data within the education landscape, is highly organized and detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. They bring experience working with students, families, educators, and schools and a passion for connecting girls with high quality, free, computer science opportunities.
This is a part-time regular position which will entail a year-round commitment up to 25 hours per week with a mid-July 2021 start date.
- Develop and track a healthy pipeline of potential leads for high yield organizations, such as schools, local STEM and education organizations, after school programs, and online networks
- Ensure accurate and effective database management through continuous cleaning and new lead research
- Develop cleaned reports of database contact leads to support the execution of mass communication strategies implemented by the full Community Partnerships & Outreach team
- Track and monitor weekly outreach and recruitment progress analytics to offer data-informed recommendations for outreach pivots
- Conduct continuous landscape analysis of the education space to provide data-informed recommendations
- Conduct regular mass email campaigns to individuals and organizations to build awareness for the Girls Who Code mission and programs
- Manage email inbound from mass email campaigns to support questions on Girls Who Code programs
- Work closely with the Community Partnerships & Outreach Manager on all data collection, management, platform integrations, and reporting initiatives to influence data-based decision making
- Work closely with the Systems Operations team on implementing research and data management initiatives
- Provide overall support to the full Community Partnerships & Outreach team on program expansion outreach initiatives
- Meet weekly (virtually) with Community Partnerships & Outreach Manager and attend bi-weekly team meetings (virtually)
- Commitment to Girls Who Code’s mission and to diversity, equity, and inclusion and comfort working with people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Successful track record in executing quickly and effectively to meet tight deadlines and goals
- Experience with data entry and reporting
- Data driven: the ability to track outcomes through set goals
- Highly organized with an orientation towards customer service that prioritizes timely, clear, thoughtful, respectful responses to stakeholders from all backgrounds
- Comfortable working independently and being a part of a remote, distributed team (your manager will likely be remote)
- Proactive and self-motivated; you follow-through with projects from start to finish
- Experience with Google Suite (required)
- Experience with Salesforce (required), Yesware (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs. Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.