Marketing, Advocacy, & Communications
Girls Who Code is looking for a Marketing Associate to join our Marketing team and help us grow our brand awareness and recognition in the US and internationally. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Associate will be responsible for assisting with our merchandise and e-commerce presence, promoting our New York Times bestselling young readers book series, and supporting our marketing efforts across our range of programmatic offerings.
The ideal candidate is a team player who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative environment. You have a track record of taking initiative and driving results across multiple marketing campaigns and projects. You love to write and have experience crafting copy that sparkles across email, flyers, and blogs. You also have a keen visual eye and are always looking for the best Instagram shot or website design. Last by not least, you’re passionate about our mission for closing the gender gap in technology through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Help oversee the strategy and execution of Girls Who Code’s e-commerce presence, ensuring our online store is stocked with compelling merchandise that helps grow our brand
- Manage the relationship and budget for e-commerce and merchandise vendors and monitor e-commerce inventory, sales, and promotional campaigns
- Promote our book program through regular marketing and track unit sales and performance
- Partner closely with our in-house designer to deliver marketing materials across all of our programs and initiatives, including collateral, emails, flyers, videos, landing pages, social tiles, and swag
- Support top priority programmatic initiatives, liaising with communications to ensure press and social media coverage and marketing awareness
- Serve as the marketing team’s lead project manager and facilitate clear and consistent communication with all internal stakeholders, ensuring marketing materials are delivered on time and on budget
- Work with our product team to update the Girls Who Code website and optimize pages based on conversion goals; provide copy and images as needed for the website
- Provide copy and content to support teams with email communication for all programs, including newsletters, transactional emails, and nurture campaigns
- Source, develop, and write a diverse collection of student stories for use in external marketing campaigns and maintain a database for use across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years working in a marketing or communications role. Bonus points for experience working across multiple marketing campaigns, either in-house or at an agency.
- Strong project management skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines. Bonus points for knowledge of agile project management principles and tools like Trello.
- Excellent communication skills with experience across a variety of formats
- A keen visual eye and familiarity with visual design principles
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and marketing tools such as Wordpress and Medium
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative, organization, and attention to detail
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.