Business Intelligence Developer
New York /
Research & Analytics /
Girls Who Code has a highly evidence-based culture that is dedicated to the thoughtful application of data to inform practice and demonstrate the impact of our work.
The Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for implementing Girls Who Code’s data and analytics strategy and delivering actionable insights to stakeholders across the organization. Leveraging the organization's data warehouse (“Data Hub”), the Business Intelligence Developer will collaborate with end users from the Programs, Development, and other teams to develop business intelligence dashboards that will provide actionable insights to support Girls Who Code’s strategic objectives and measure our impact.
The Business Intelligence Developer will work on the Research and Analytics team, reporting to the Senior Director of Research and Analytics, and will collaborate closely with System Operations and Product teams. They will also work alongside, and serve as the key point of contact for, an external engineering team that supports the maintenance of our reporting database and development of dashboards for end users.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization, including members of the Executive Leadership Team, to identify, prioritize, and execute business use cases, leveraging the organization’s data and analytics capabilities
- Foster buy in among staff for the use of analytics to inform decision making
- Collaborate with the external engineering team to maintain the reporting database, ensuring data are current, clean, and accessible, and produce business intelligence dashboards
- Coordinate with relevant staff across the organization to develop and implement data quality and data governance standards, policies, and practices
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Math, or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience managing reporting databases and producing business intelligence dashboards and data visualizations for end users
- Ability to make strategic decisions with future needs and capabilities in mind
- Expertise in managing stakeholder expectations
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or similar business intelligence systems
- Comfort with SQL or other database queries
- An eye for detail with superb organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Thrives in dynamic environment; able to work effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Desire to learn and develop skills in advanced analytics, such as machine learning
- Standout teammate with a flexible, creative, and analytical approach to problem solving
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, maturity, positivity, and confidence
- Authentic passion for Girls Who Code’s mission to close the gender gap in the technology industry through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.