New York /
Marketing & Communications /
Since our founding in 2012, Girls Who Code has taught over 300,000 girls how to code through our free direct service programs. Our alumni are choosing to major in computer science at fifteen times the national average. But to fulfill our mission of closing the gender gap in technology, we can’t just teach girls to code, we have to change culture. That’s why our mission is not only to equip girls with computer science education, but also to change perceptions of what a programmer looks like and does.
The Marketing, Advocacy and Communications (MAC) team at Girls Who Code drives culture change through ambitious, multi-channel campaigns that generate top-of-the-funnel excitement and awareness about Girls Who Code and our work. Over the last few years, Girls Who Code has launched viral global marketing campaigns tied to themes like sisterhood and bravery that have galvanized our community and raised the profile for our work overall.
As the part-time Campaigns Associate, you will help drive the success of cross-functional initiatives that grow Girls Who Code’s brand awareness and advance our mission by changing culture. Reporting to the Director of Campaigns, you will have an opportunity to support campaigns from ideation through launch, including working alongside press and social media leaders. The ideal candidate is skilled in marketing and communications and brings exceptional project management skills. You are passionate about our mission to close the gender gap in technology and unafraid to dive in to get the job done.
- Support the success of cross-functional creative marketing campaigns to drive culture change and increase Girls Who Code’s brand awareness
- Design and maintain project management processes to keep campaigns on track and ensure accountability, managing timelines across campaigns and verticals
- Use a data-driven approach to evaluate channels and tactics and provide regular reporting to assess performance and progress to-goals
- Conduct benchmarking research and help contribute to creative strategy of campaigns
- Provide copywriting and design support for the development of collateral to help generate buy-in from internal and external stakeholders
- Identify new channels, tactics, events, and other experimental opportunities for GWC’s cross-functional campaigns and MAC team to explore
- 2+ years of experience in marketing or communications at an agency or fast-paced company
- Exceptional project management skills, capable of managing multiple deadlines across projects and teams
- Strong research and writing skills; experience in public relations preferred
- Knowledge of digital platforms and experience executing campaigns across channels
- Experience contributing to viral, global marketing campaigns
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.