Associate, Program Implementation
New York City or Remote /
Girls Who Code is seeking a part-time Associate, Program Implementation to support our network of educators leading Girls Who Code Clubs. This person will be responsible for sustaining initiatives to engage and celebrate thousands of volunteer Facilitators as they lead our programs across the country.
The Associate will report to the Director of Program Implementation and work in collaboration with the Curriculum, Outreach, Product, and Operations teams to ensure our volunteers maintain a strong relationship with GWC through email communication, events, and other incentives. The ideal candidate has experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with volunteers, providing high-quality customer support, and facilitating events. They bring experience working with and coaching educators and a passion for reaching students at scale.
Hours: up to 20 per week
RESPONSIBILITIES: Communication and Events
- Provide quick and effective responses to inbound communications from Clubs Facilitators across a variety of platforms
- Draft and edit monthly campaigns announcing upcoming events, incentive programs, and giveaways
- Organize virtual visits and observations of our Clubs for interested GWC staff members
- Work closely with Outreach, Operations, and Curriculum Teams to share programmatic feedback from Facilitators
- Provide ad hoc support for community activation and other engagements as needed
RESPONSIBILITIES: Training and Support Resource Creation
- Ensure training content for Facilitators is up to date and reflects current platform and curriculum updates
- Compile and distribute FAQs from monthly training sessions and other online events
- Maintain the online Facilitator Toolkit resources section of Girls Who Code HQ to support Club member recruitment, enrollment, engagement, and other key areas of programming
RESPONSIBILITIES: Fulfillment and Inventory
- Monitor and restock inventory of merchandise used for giveaways
- Collaborate with our in-house designer to create digital materials for use in online giveaways
- Resolve any issues with gift redemption with our merchandise vendor, Kotis
RESPONSIBILITIES: Data Collection and Management
- Track and evaluate volunteer satisfaction and likelihood to return
- Build a directory of top-performing Clubs to highlight on external and internal platforms
- Successful track record in setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on cross-functional projects
- Able to implement a communication strategy with an emphasis on creating a high-quality, timely messages
- Ability to create materials and execute programs that instill volunteer confidence and competence
- Knowledge of computer science education space
- Excellent people skills with an ability to balance priorities and work with a variety of internal and external partners.
- Comfortable working independently and being a part of a remote, distributed team
- Willingness to pitch-in, problem solve, and identify areas of improvement across the organization
- Flexibility & ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing requirements
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.