Senior Associate, Partner Engagement
New York City /
The Girls Who Code (GWC) Development Team is searching for a systems-minded and relationship-savvy Senior Associate of Partner Engagement to support the team in meeting its fundraising goals.
Reporting to the Director of Partner Engagement, the Sr Associate will play a crucial part in helping the team meet its renewal fundraising goals by managing and renewing an assigned portfolio of partnerships and providing teamwide support as needed.
Girls Who Code is grateful to have an incredible roster of committed corporate partners who give generously in service of our mission. The Sr Associate capitalizes on this commitment and fosters relationships with partners across GWC programs and initiatives, with the goal of increasing partner satisfaction and ultimately, renewal rate and revenue growth. The Sr Associate will also take a supporting role in driving select teamwide and cross functional projects, executing on existing strategy.
The successful candidate has stakeholder or client management experience, a commitment to using systems to work efficiently, and experience executing on team strategy to drive projects forward. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are driven by collaboration and continuous learning. You can work with minimal manager guidance across multiple projects without losing sight of the details. And you’re energized by and committed to our mission and the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Own a portfolio of corporate partners, track key dates and drive progress on renewal
- Execute team strategy, serving as project manager for select team initiatives, coordinating internally within the Development team and cross functionally to drive progress on team and partner priorities
- Collaborate with various internal teams to ensure fulfillment of partner benefits
- Create succinct, compelling written materials, such as internal briefing documents or partner-facing materials such as concept notes, proposals, and reports
- Assist team members in execution of various portfolio management tasks such as benefits execution, partner customer service, proposal development, report drafting, and tracking, working cross functionally when needed to gather required resources
- Draft and execute on partner communications campaigns
- 2-3 years of applicable experience, which may include experience in the nonprofit development, corporate sales or account management sectors
- Strong sense of accountability to deadlines and fundraising goals
- Comfortable working and collaborating in a hybrid work setting and with stakeholders across multiple levels
- Embrace challenges and adopt new responsibilities with creativity, initiative, and self-direction
- Proactive working style -- identifies growth areas quickly and proposes solutions for improvement
- Demonstrate comfort with adjusting work to evolving priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Knowledge of and/or interest in computer science, technology, the non-profit sector and/or education preferred
$53,000 - $73,000 a year
Compensation transparency statement:
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At Girls Who Code, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
This position is full time, non-exempt (paid hourly, overtime-eligible).
Girls Who Code is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace environment that allows employees to be engaged, productive and successful.
We value our team members and offer employees a broad range of benefits to round out our total compensation package. Our ambitious, high impact, and supportive culture allows people to do their best work every day. We offer policies and programs that encourage balance and support health and well-being, and we are always looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes generous PTO, 3 medical insurance plans (including one fully funded by the org), vision, dental, 401(k) with match, hybrid work, virtual days, paid parental leave, medical flexible spending plans, life insurance, short and long term disability.
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.