Research & Data Specialist (Outreach Team)
New York City or Remote /
Girls Who Code is an international non-profit organization working to close the gender gap in technology. Through our free Summer Immersion Program, Self-Paced Program, and Clubs Program, we are leading the movement to inspire, educate, and equip young women with the skills to pursue careers in technology fields. Girls Who Code is searching for a dynamic, results-oriented Outreach Research & Data Specialist to support outreach partner lead curation initiatives to drive Girls Who Code programmatic expansion.
The ideal candidate has experience researching and maintaining data within the education landscape, is highly organized and detail-oriented, and thrives in a dynamic environment. They bring experience working with students, families, educators, and schools and a passion for connecting girls and non-binary students with high quality, free, computer science opportunities.
This is a part-time regular position which will entail a year-round commitment up to 25 hours per week with a preferred mid-July 2022 start date.
- Develop and track a healthy pipeline of potential leads for high yield organizations, such as schools, local STEM and education organizations, after school programs, and online networks
- Ensure accurate and effective database management through regular quality assurance audits and new lead research
- Develop cleaned reports of database contact leads to support the execution of mass communication strategies implemented by the full Community Partnerships & Outreach team
- Track and monitor weekly outreach and recruitment progress analytics
- Conduct continuous landscape analysis of the education space to provide data-informed recommendations
- Work closely with the Community Partnerships & Outreach Manager to support data collection, management, platform integrations, and reporting initiatives to influence data-based decision making
- Work closely with the Systems Operations team to coordinate mass data uploads, troubleshoot team data challenges, and research best practices for Outreach Team database management
- Provide overall support to the full Community Partnerships & Outreach team on program expansion outreach initiatives
- Meet weekly (virtually) with Community Partnerships & Outreach Manager and attend bi-weekly team meetings (virtually)
- Commitment to Girls Who Code’s mission and to diversity, equity, and inclusion and comfort working with people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Successful track record in executing quickly and effectively to meet tight deadlines and goals
- Experience with data entry and reporting
- Data driven: the ability to track outcomes through set goals
- Highly organized with an orientation towards project management that prioritizes timely, clear, thoughtful, respectful responses to stakeholders from all backgrounds
- Comfortable working independently and being a part of a remote, distributed team (your manager will likely be remote)
- Proactive and self-motivated; you follow-through with projects from start to finish
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets (required)
- Experience with Salesforce (required), Yesware (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.