Lead UI / UX Designer
All – Engineering /
GIST’s vision is a sustainable tomorrow: a world in which everyone measures what matters. Our mission is to help investors and companies measure and manage their impacts on all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
GIST is a pioneering data and analytics company that brings together world-renowned sustainability expertise with technology and big data to enable both investors and companies to measure, value, and benchmark company impacts across all four capitals: Natural, Human, Social, and Produced.
GIST’s data and software solutions provide analytics and insights that make it easy for investors and companies to understand and manage performance across all value dimensions, identify material risks, and make informed decisions.
Founded by Pavan Sukhdev (ex-banker, environmental economist, President of WWF International, and winner of the 2020 Tyler Prize for the Environment), GIST is at the cutting edge of measuring impacts using a scientifically sound and economically rigorous methodology that provides unique and unparalleled insight into how companies impact society and the environment.
GIST has been measuring and quantifying impact for over 16 years, and the GIST team brings a depth and breadth of experience in sustainability, science and economics that is unmatched in the market. Our customers and partners include leading global investors and companies, including the world’s largest public pension funds and sovereign wealth funds, industry leaders such as BASF and Wipro, and over forty public and private companies and investors across the world.
Why work at GIST?
Join a world-class team working at the cutting edge of impact and sustainability: GIST is a world leader in measuring and managing corporate sustainability impacts. Our team and board are widely recognized for their depth and breadth of sustainability expertise, and our clients are leading investors and corporations worldwide who are pushing the envelope on sustainability.
You will join a group of ambitious, passionate colleagues who are working at the heart of the next evolution of ESG: impact-based metrics. You will benefit from our team’s extensive expertise, to learn all about sustainability, ESG, and corporate impacts. We hire the best and brightest and invest intensely in training and development.
GIST is a diverse, inclusive workplace with colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds, both academically and culturally: what unites us is the pride, passion, creativity, and rigour we bring to our work and our shared mission. Our unified team spans many corners of the globe, with key hubs in Mumbai, Delhi, London, and Geneva.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the product team to understand our customers, empathize with them, and imagine creative ways to support their decisions towards sustainable outcomes
- Explore multiple ideas and develop concepts that will lead to the formation of different products and product features with distinct value propositions
- Develop a visual identity, brand language, and set of design principles across GIST’s main products based on GIST’s vision and target audience
- Iteratively redesign the interface and flow of GIST’s product suite by leveraging UI/UX research methodologies
- Work closely with client, product, and engineering teams to make sure that GIST delivers the perfect balance between what GIST is capable of, what GIST’s customers need, and what provides business value to GIST
- Prepare for and participate in customer co-creation sessions, developing mock-ups and new features to test
- Continuously find opportunities for improving the customer experience, propose new features/solutions and validate assumptions through customer research
Skills / Experience Required:
- 6-8 years of hands-on experience in designing and setting up data-driven products and platforms in the financial and investment space (or equivalent experience with data visualization in an adjacent space)
- Prior exposure to working in cross functional collaborative teams adopting agile methodology
- Excellent ability with prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, Framer)
- Working knowledge of / experience with HTML, Bootstrap, Angular (preferred), VueJS, React, Ionic
- Strong visual design skills, ability to build a product identity across all our products
- Strong communication skills to articulate design solutions, navigate different requirements across different stakeholders, and build support around your decisions
- A proactive, organized, people-oriented person
- Experience in developing B2B or B2C SaaS interfaces is preferred
- Experience working at a start-up is preferred
For consideration, candidates should submit a portfolio, statement of interest (no longer than 200 words), and a CV.
This role may be remote or based in Noida, India. If not based in Noida, travel will be a requirement of the role.
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!