Product & Engineering /
GitBook is a modern documentation platform sustained by some of the best SaaS europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC). Our ambition is to empower team's intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge.
GitBook is now used by over 1M users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. We're working on an ambitious next product step to redefine "core team work" and we're looking for a Product Engineer (working remotely) to join our team and help us achieve on our ambition.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
Part of our Product & Engineering team, as a Product Engineer your daily mission is to implement the product vision while developing an outstanding experience for our customers. You will have a direct impact on our users and its very perceptible.
On a daily basis, you will be working on :
Development : You will be taking ownership on features development, working on the whole stack (even though each members of the Product & Engineering team has his/her own specialities), imagining new features to solve our customers problems, working on refactoring, bug fixes and flows that impact users.
Design: You will be able to imagine new features and share your ideas, usually by sketching things up and discussing about it with our designer.
Support: Every team member should be informed of the state of the product, and there is nothing better than having everybody on support. At GitBook, each Product Engineer takes responsibility toward the end user to solve its problems on the application (in a reasonable way).
🛠 What technical stack will you be working on ?
We’re working on a server-less architecture (using Firebase and Google Cloud services) in NodeJS and React (both in Typescript).
You will be valued for :
- your technical expertise as you are able to implement changes to the product on your own, build scalable technical solutions and maintain them over time.
- your engineering experience as you know how to help engineering teams build faster better solutions.
- your product oriented mindset as you are not only focused on technical aspects. You have a deep interest in identifying and solving problems for our users. To do so, you stay informed on UI, UX and competitors which enables you to improve the product by suggesting innovative solution, design initiatives and challenging usage.
👥Every single team member is a value addition to our culture, so it's important for us to state our values.
While joining GitBook, you will also appreciate our Perks & Benefits.
✨ What's next ?
1. First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we'll get back to you whatever the decision)🙂
2. As the next step, our Talent Acquisition Manager will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
3. Then, you will be meeting with two members of our Product & Engineering Team during two separate meetings to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life...
4. Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with the entire team to get a preview of GitBook’s culture and daily life.