Customer Success Manager
Remote / North America (East Coast) /
Why are we opening this position ?
GitBook is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower teams through a new document standard, suited for modern work and collaboration. GitBook is now used by over 1M users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Snyk, Apple or Google and backed by top partners such as P9 Capital, Notion Capital and Fly VC.
We're currently working on a next product step to redefine "core team work" and with this in mind we're looking for a Customer Success Manager based in North America (East Coast) to drive adoption, user engagement and account growth.
What will you be doing ?
You'll join our customer experience organisation alongside Adrien (Head of Customer Experience), Mark and Alex (Account Executives), 2 SDRs and you'll work closely with Natasza and Katie (Customer Success Managers).
Your role as a Customer Success Manager will be to create strong and long lasting relationships with our users to perfectly understand their business objectives, their operational constraints and guide them in the short, medium and long term to maximise the value created for them through their use of GitBook.
On a daily basis you will :
- be the primary contact of all users (self-served and sales-served) as soon as sales negotiation is done to act as a trusted advisor by facilitating their on-boarding and optimising product's value in their eyes.
- nurture users' accounts to drive adoption and maintain their engagement ensuring they will renew their yearly/monthly contract.
- be able to generate revenue opportunities in collaboration with the sales team by navigating the organisation to up-sell more usages to different teams, thanks to your deep knowledge of each account.
- be the product specialist : you will develop deep product expertise and advise our users how to best use GitBook according to their use case.
- be the internal voice of our users: you will partner with our product team to provide actionable feedback from customers outlining any pain points and their effect on the users
You will be valued for :
- your knowledge of our market as you have previous experience(s) working in start-up/scale-up environment, ideally SaaS (but not mandatory)
- your ability to create and nurture long lasting relationships with users, as you have extensive experience evolving in customer facing roles
- your ability to create revenue opportunities, as you have past experiences in sales or CSM roles with ownership over upsells and renewals
- your capacity to engage with the entire team to help drive product strategy and business strategy
- your ability to act as a product specialist to your customers, sharing new features and answering their questions your ability to deal with several subjects at a time as you have the experience of managing a portfolio of about 100 accounts your amazing communication skills in English both written and spoken
What's next ?
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
Here's what our process will look like:
1.Discovery call (30min) with Natasza, Customer Success Manager or Adrien (Head of Customer Experience) to ensure there is a match between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
2.Technical interview (45min) with Adrien (Head of Customer Experience) and Natasza (Customer Success Manager) to get a better sense of your expertise for the role and understand how you could contribute to GitBook's success.
3.Workshop (60min) around a mock demo involving Adrien, Natasza and another team member.
4.The last discussion will be around cultural alignment. You will have the opportunity to meet with Samy (co-founder) to learn more about GitBook history, ambition and culture.
Every single team member is a value addition to our culture, so it's important for us to state our values.
While joining GitBook, you will also appreciate our Perks & Benefits.