Remote / North America (East Coast) /
🤔 Why are we opening this position?
GitBook is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower teams through a new document standard, suited for modern work and collaboration. GitBook is now used by over 1M users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google and we're currently working on a next product step to redefine "core team work".
With this in mind we're looking for a Support Generalist based in North America (East Coast) to help us build a reliable product thanks to continuous improvements arising from delivering an outstanding support experience to our users.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
As a Support Generalist you'll join our growing support team of empathic folks: Sarah (Support Generalist), Steeve (Developer Support Engineer) and Petros (Head of Support).
Our ambition is to provide an exceptional world class support (one of those we can write a book about!) to our users. By joining our team early on you'll have a chance to shape how we do support together.
On a daily basis, you will have a direct impact on our users. Here are a few examples of how your day-to-day will look like:
- Provide support to our customers using an email based helpdesk app
- Triage all incoming support requests (we get about 300-400 support requests a week)
- Maintain healthy levels of first response time, resolution time, and customer satisfaction
- Improve already established Support processes and contribute to the creation of new processes to improve productivity
- Channel customer feedback and link it to existing feedback topics or create new topics
- Troubleshoot customer related issues
- Reproduce and document bugs to report them to our Engineering team
Here are a few questions we got recently to give you a sense of what you will be dealing with day-to-day:
- I need you to refund me because XYZ.
- As I was writing something I lost my changes. Where are my changes?
- Can I edit content in Markdown?
- What's the best way to organize my documentation when I have multiple versions?
- How do I change the logo of my docs?
- Can I set up a custom domain? How?
- Why XYZ isn't working the way I expect?
- Something is broken? Here are the steps.
- Can I use SSO?
- Can you cancel my subscription?
- How can I delete my account?
- How can I create a new organization?
- Git sync is broken! Please help.
- I can't log into my account.
You will be valued for :
- your stellar communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- your genuine compassion and empathy towards users
- your strong willingness and passion for helping others
- your past experience working in a SaaS company
- your ability to understand if something is a bug and report it properly
- your experience capturing feedback and communicating it to product teams
- your ability to thrive in an asynchronous and remote working environment
- your attention to detail, organizational skills, and amazing time management skills
- your ability to manage and prioritize a wide range of support requests at various stages
- your ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and incidents
- your positive energy ☀️
👥 Every single team member is a value addition to our culture, so it's important for us to state our values.
We encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. This is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and we are eager to further diversify our company. GitBook is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career. We are not looking for ideological clones, but for people who share our beliefs about what great customer support looks like.
👍👍 While joining GitBook, you will also appreciate our Perks & Benefits.
✨ What's next ?
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
Here's what our process will look like:
1. Discover call (30min) with Morgane (Talent Manager) and Petros (Head of Support) to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
2. Home exercise and Technical interview (60min) with Petros (Head of Support) to deep dive about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life..
3. Workshop (45min) with Steeve (Developer Support Engineer) and Petros.
4. The last discussion will be around cultural alignment. You will have the opportunity to meet with Samy (co-founder) to learn more about GitBook history, ambition and culture.
5. Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with 3 team members whom you haven't met yet to have a preview of GitBook's culture and daily life.