Senior Account Executive
GitBook is a modern documentation platform sustained by some of the best SaaS europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC), used by over 500,000 users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google.
🚀Our ambition is to empower team's intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge.
We are looking for an Account Executive to scale our go-to-market strategy and our team in order for us to reach our ambition.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
GitBook already has a regular flow of inbound leads and traction in specific market segments. As an Account Executive, you will continue to explore different market segments, through different channels to source, engage and close leads.
You will be working closely with our entire Go-to-Market to define and execute on scalable go-to-market and sales strategies. Being part of that team, your mission will be to build a meaningful sales-supported revenue segment, in addition to our self-serve revenue, by playing a key role in influencing sales processes and approaches.
As an Account Executive within GitBook, you will :
- demonstrate there is meaningful sales-supported revenue to be generated in our market, with our product by closing deals
- figure out how to sell to our different segments by adapting communication, sales playbook, funnel from opportunity to deal
- aggregate and synthesise feedbacks of lost and pending deals as well as pain points encountered by early on-boarded customers to strengthen the collaboration between teams (design, product, sales) around product pain points and user needs
- identify, follow and up-sell accounts with expansion potential
- participate in the on-boarding of sales-supported users (Customer Support Representative being responsible for on-boarding on self-served users)
- create long lasting relationships with key sales-supported accounts to prevent churn, update them on GitBook's roadmap and educate them on product improvements and releases
😎 How are you going to work within our team ?
We are working with short sprints (1 week) to create a great dynamic with our entire team. Sprints help us to tackle challenges and deliver on ambitious goals all together. We are also organising Product, Customers, Ops and Talent meetings every week in order to discuss about challenges on a high level and take a step back from our day-to-day.
You will be working closely with each and every member of our Go to Market Team and you will also have a lot of interactions with our entire Product Team to discuss customers' feedbacks, product roadmap...
If you want to get to know more about our team do not hesitate to have a look at our about page.
🎯 What do you need to succeed ?
- your capacity of dealing with hiccups during negotiation phases, in short your ability to successfully close deals
- your data-and-analytic driven mindset
- your deep knowledge of selling SaaS BtoB allowing you to spot bottleneck and come up with "great" (meaning data-oriented) solutions
- your proven ability to take business from traction to scale as you know how to create a real machine to monetise inbound leads, adding outbound and driving expansion
🧠 You will be an addition to our culture as :
- you always Ambition (Aim Higher) the next step of your work, whether it’s building a feature, improving a team process, etc.
- you have a deep sense of Ownership (Take control & Own it) as when you observe a problem, you don’t wait for someone to fix it, but you take the responsibility of fixing it.
- you have a sense of Accountability (Be accountable to results) as you are focused on outcomes (not on efforts).
- you Care (Give a shit) and empathises with customers as you take the time to understand their frustrations, needs, and root-problems. Which also proxy to the team as you help them achieve and learn; to better serve our mission.
- you are able to Train (Grow yourself) as, when facing an unknown challenge, you learn from it to create leverage for the team.
- you are Genuine (Say it and accept it) as you are candid, respectful and transparent in your communication.
- you are a Team player (Leverage the team) as you acknowledge that leveraging the team and different skills enables to create an outcome that's bigger than the sum of it's part.
- you are an Architect (Plan & Build) as you value building long-term solutions beyond simple day-to-day execution. You start new projects breadth-first, solve the broad easy problems first and then dive into the details.
👍 You will also appreciate :
- ⚕ health insurance
- 🍽 lunch voucher thanks to Lunchr card (around 9e/day)
- 🚊 refund of your public transport subscriptions up to 50%
- 💪 to have an impact by building a product that helps thousands of teams and users around the world
- 🚀 to move fast and learn in the challenging environment of a fast-growing startup
- 🛋 to work remotely whenever you want to (+/-2h from Paris time zone)
- 🏡 to enjoy our offices in the center of Lyon whenever you want to as well
- 🍫 to gather with the entire GitBook's team to share lunches and sweet breaks as we love food
- ⚽ to (sometimes) practice sports with GitBook's team
- 😎 to work with "the coolest team on earth" !
- 🙌 to go on team off-sites three times a year
✨ What's next ?
1. First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we'll get back at you whatever the decision)🙂
2. As the next step, our Talent Manager will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
3. Then, you will be meeting with two members of our Go to Market Team to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life...
4. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to discuss with one of GitBook's founders about our story, our vision and ambition, and ensure there is a fit with our culture and core values.
5. Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with the entire team to determine if we would like to work together on a daily basis and share drink/lunches after work.