Full Stack Data
🤔 Why are we opening this position?
GitBook is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower teams through a new document standard suited for modern work and collaboration.
GitBook is now used by over 1M users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. With close to 25,000 sign-ups per month, we're looking for our very first joiner in the Data team to actively contribute to our growth.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
You will be joining Remi, our Head of Data to spread insights across the company.
As a product led company with high growth, we strongly believe that data should be involved in any decision process: from product to sales.
On the team philosophy, we want to bring people who could handle any part of the process: data engineering, data analytics and data science. It doesn't mean being an expert in all three fields but we believe that any data folks should aim to cover most of the scope.
As a data team member, you will be involved in:
- having a full understanding of the data stack to maintain and improve it
- being able to perform any product analysis using Amplitude
- being a contributor to our early stage data warehouse
- empower everyone in the company by making data available to them
- pro-actively suggesting ideas and potential of growth through our business drivers
🛠️ What environment will you be working on ?
- Data stack: Amplitude, Segment, Airflow, DBT, BigQuery, Cloud Functions, Tableau, Zapier, Python, Stitch
- Main 3rd party system: Hubspot, Intercom, Stripe
🙌 You will be valued for :
- your curiosity and passion in the data field that pushed to work on any data pillars (engineer, analyst and scientist)
- your ability to build and maintain any data layer, as you have past experience in the data enginery field
- your ability to get insights from product analytics data
- your determination to make data the heart of GitBook success (evangelist part)
- your knowledge of the B2B SaaS industry allowing you to quickly understand our challenge
- your ability to jump into any GitBook members shoes to understand their needs
- your ability to successfully collaborate on cross-team work in a remote and async environment
- your proactivity. You know how to bring new ideas to the table and you always present problems with potential solutions
✨ What's next ?
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
Here's what our process will look like:
1. Discover call (30min) with Morgane, our Talent Manager to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
2. Deep dive (45min) with Remi (Head of Data) to discuss about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life..
3. Work on a concrete project
4. Cross-team dive (45min) giving you the opportunity to debrief the take home while meeting with Remi (Head of Data) and Adrien (Head of Customer Experience).
5. The last discussion will be around cultural alignment. You will have the opportunity to meet with Samy (co-founder) to learn more about GitBook history, ambition and culture.
👥👥 Every single team member is a value addition to our culture, so it's important for us to state our values.
👍👍 While joining GitBook, you will also appreciate our Perks & Benefits.