Marketing Manager - DACH
GitHub is seeking a Marketing Manager - DACH region to join it’s International Marketing Team. This role will predominantly focus on Germany, Austria and Switzerland across the whole GitHub product portfolio. The portfolio of solutions provided by GitHub support a developer throughout their lifecycle and this role will reflect that. Whether the developer is a student, working on a personal project, contributing to open source, launching their first start up or working as part of a distributed team in a large enterprise, we want to be there to support them.
- Brand Awareness
- Community Outreach
- Field events including both sponsorships and GitHub owned events
- Digital demand generation
- Sales enablement and support
- Channel and partner marketing
- Regular communications to the Sales team.
- Management of the sales lead pipeline, focusing on quality over quantity.
- Champion of the marketing requirements for Southern Europe, a liaison with the HQ team to action where required.
- Selection and execution of event sponsorships for community and enterprise.
- Work in conjunction with other marketing teams to create a series of GitHub seminars, taking the GitHub brand on tour.
- Design and execution of digital demand generation campaigns.
- Localization of GitHub content and creation of new content where required.
- Work with the channel and alliances team to build demand programs for local GitHub partners.
- Liaise with the local PR agency on a day to day basis.
You must have:
- Native or fluent German and English.
- Fantastic written and verbal German communication skills.
- Understand that our customers span both individuals AND businesses, meaning that our voice and actions are GitHub first.
- Prior experience partnering with a field Sales team.
- Minimum three years field marketing experience.
- A deep understanding of developer tools and the mechanics of how software is built.
- This will be a remote role to be based in Germany with a preference for Berlin.
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over ten million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We're committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we've established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we've built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your recruiter!