Services Account Engineer
The Professional Services team at GitHub focuses on helping our customers successfully get started with the GitHub platform and grow their usage along a path of best practices. The Services Account Engineer works closely with some of GitHub's largest customers long-term to further that initiative as an internal evangelist, software engineer and customer trainer.
We are looking for a highly technical individual to work with tech leaders to both map out roadmaps as well as write code. This individual will help customers use GitHub to accomplish their organization's goals from the earliest stages of brainstorming to well after deployment.
As a Services Account Engineer you will:
- Work with the leaders of some of the largest software organizations to help them reimagine how they deliver software.
- Build customer business artifacts, such as company-specific roll-out plans and timelines.
- Be our customer's trusted advisor from GitHub to accelerate the effectiveness of their teams.
- Help our customers deliver their GitHub rollouts by implementing desired features or custom workflows built on the GitHub platform.
- Track and share progress with GitHub and our customer. Create reports and help adjust next steps as necessary.
A person in this position will have:
- Experience working in a consulting or technical evangelist capacity within the software development or tools industry.
- Deep experience with GitHub to deliver software.
- A deep understanding of IT infrastructure, governance, compliance and business process management.
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements and implement solutions.
- An understanding of several of these methodologies and tools:
- Software development methods such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Waterfall
- Software project tools like JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, and MS Project
- Development environments like Eclipse, Xcode, VisualStudio, IntelliJ, and NetBeans
- Continuous integration and build automation with Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, TravisCI, CircleCI
- Experience configuring the following technologies:
- LDAP, ActiveDirectory, and other SAML/Single-Sign-on services
- VMware vSphere, ESXi, and other virtual infrastructure tools
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people, lead client projects, and help clients solve problems with GitHub
- Strong ability to manage client expectations and project scope before and during client engagement
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over ten million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We're committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we've established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we've built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your recruiter!