Field Marketing Manager - East Region (NYC or DC)
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed with GitHub so they can build better software, together. We are passionate about helping bring GitHub to companies and organizations all over the world.
GitHub is looking for a Field Marketing Manager who will be responsible for building and executing successful field marketing programs with the Enterprise Sales team for US Federal and East Region. The Field Marketing Manager will partner with the East Region Sales Director to support revenue, pipeline and other goals of the region. They will collaborate closely with the marketing team to adapt messaging and campaigns for execution in region and communicate the field's needs back to corporate marketing.
The right candidate understands end-to-end customer journey in enterprise sales, is driven by data and results, and has a high bar for success. The role is designed for a seasoned field marketer who has successfully partnered with sales leadership at an enterprise technology company.
This role will be based on the US East Coast with a preference for NYC or DC.
- Develop and execute field marketing plans that supports East Region sales strategy. Provide guidance to sales about marketing tactics to achieve their goals
- Identify, plan, execute and track a variety of regional programs including GitHub-hosted events, sponsored events and tradeshows, user group meetings and regional customer meetings
- Create and execute account-based marketing strategies within designed framework aligning to sales needs and goals
- Work with Inside and Field sales teams to create and execute regional demand generation campaigns
- Ensure timely lead routing and follow up with local teams to track success metrics
- Establish and proactively manage regional budget, being vigilant in tracking; evaluate results against goals
- Generate learnings for improvement and document field marketing best practices
- Help drive and coordinate the creation of customer case studies, news stories, press releases, and event communications. Provide field feedback to corporate marketing
- Be the face of marketing to the field sales teams, and work with sales enablement to communicate marketing initiatives in a timely manner
- 5+ years of experience in event or field marketing, preferably in enterprise technology
- Proven track record of working with sales organization to build and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and strong program management skills to juggle multiple projects and requests
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written)
- Must be comfortable contributing strategically as well as lead day-to-day tactical execution
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- Experience marketing to developers, engineering management, and system administrators, or to public sector a plus
- Comfortable with 35%-50% travel in region
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over ten million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We're committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we've established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we've built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your recruiter!