Application Engineer - Payments
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for an experienced application engineer to work on features and tooling in support of processing payments. You’ll work with our team of engineers, designers, and product managers to reduce friction in the process of paying for GitHub whether that be for a personal paid account or a large GitHub Enterprise instance.
- Writing and reviewing application code
- Working with Product teams to define new features
- Documenting the systems you help build
- Coordinating with engineering leadership to define and prioritize engineering projects
- Working with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- At least 3 to 5 years experience developing web applications (preferably with Ruby on Rails)
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design
- A background in refactoring large-scale systems
- Knowledge of billing processes and technologies is a plus
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong communication skills
We want to build the tools that we've always dreamed of having, as developers. What tools do you dream of? Come help us build them!
GitHub is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of color and other groups currently underrepresented in tech. We are looking for candidates who:
• Display a strong commitment to building an inclusive tech environment
• Have demonstrated resilience and resourcefulness both in and outside of the workplace
• Can bring a new perspective based on unique educational, professional, and lived experiences
• Can effectively communicate with people from disparate backgrounds
• Have experience mentoring/coaching/teaching, particularly in environments with diverse students/participants
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over ten million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We're committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we've established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we've built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your recruiter!