Sales Development Representative
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for Sales Development Representatives to profile ideal customers and markets for inbound and outbound sales leads and marketing campaigns. We care about customer success and customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages.
- Qualify inbound marketing leads for the sales teams
- Work with marketing and sales to execute lead generation campaigns
- Create outbound touches into the market (email, phone, etc) to develop qualified leads
- Works with GitHub tools and technology to pass qualified leads to corporate or enterprise sales and to keep updated prospect forecast of opportunity
- Answers customer business questions and determines if there is (BANT):
- Budget for a purchase of GitHub Enterprise
- Authority to purchase GitHub EnterpriseAuthority to purchase GitHub Enterprise
- Need for GitHub EnterpriseNeed for GitHub Enterprise
- Timing, the need for GitHub Enterprise is imminent (i.e., project needs it)Timing, the need for GitHub Enterprise is imminent (i.e., project needs it)
- Ability to convey information clearly and analyze customer requirements as needed to help customer make buying decisions
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Interest in Git and GitHub
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- 1-3 years of successful sales experience
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over twelve million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We're committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we've established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we've built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your recruiter!