Recruiter - Contract
GitHub is growing, and we're looking for a contractor recruiter to help find, attract, and close future Hubbers. This person serves as the Talent Partner to work closely with our hiring managers to bring in the right type of talent at the right time to GitHub as we move into our next stage of growth. This role will mainly focus on recruiting and sourcing for our Engineering organization.
The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented, be able to manage multiple priorities at once, have an amazing response time/customer service mentality, and is flexible and collaborative in working with others. Those who possess strong influence, execution skills, communication skills, and a proven track record in sourcing and closing the right candidates will fit best in this role. This person must also be available to work Pacific Standard Time hours with flexibility for off hour interviews.
- Work directly with our hiring managers to establish hiring strategies for individual roles, including crafting a consistent process and plan for hiring (ie sourcing approaches, external postings, interview process, etc)
- Proactively managing internal relationships with hiring managers and leaders to meet needs and give continuous feedback on what is/is not working and makes changes as needed
- Partnering closely with the coordinator and sourcer in executing hiring strategies and making adjustments as needed
- Ensuring consistency in candidate process, in compliance with any EEO/OFCCP guidelines
- Advocates for and delivers a fantastic candidate experience
- Sourcing of quality candidates for niche or hard-to-fill roles
Candidates must have:
- At least three years of solid experience recruiting full-time, technical employees within an organization
- Experience working within an ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
- Experience partnering with hiring managers, leaders, or other employees outside of the hiring space
- Experience influencing and driving good types of change in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to partner and work really well with others
- A high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Willingness to collaborate when approaching challenges or debate
- Understanding of employment marketplace and trends to apply to recruiting strategies
- The ability to be responsive within a very fast paced environment
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Knowledge or understanding of employment law, AAP, EEO, diversity initiatives and immigration
- Versatility in doing special assignments & projects as needed
- A customer service mentality
- The initiative to drive innovation within hiring practices
- Lots of follow through and dependability
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over twelve million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We're committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we've established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we've built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your recruiter!