Senior Application Engineer
GitHub is looking for senior application engineer to join a small team in our application engineering group. If you’re excited about using one of the world’s largest collections of code to turbo-charge how people build software then we’d love to talk to you.
Our Senior Engineers:
- Communicate persuasively with peers to inspire cooperation
- Mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the growth of those around them
- Use fundamental patterns and provide examples for others to follow
- Make well-reasoned decisions that inspires and energizes others
- Become intimately familiar with the systems they build and take pride in writing maintainable code
- Are technical leaders who know how to break down work that others can contribute to confidently
- Help recruit, interview and generally make GitHub a great home for developers
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact and shipping. You will excel when your work reflects these values.
In this position, you will work closely with an engineering manager, designers, product folks and of course other excellent developers. You will also be part of a community dedicated to making a positive impact at work and at large.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have been a technical lead on a team that built something you are proud of
- You have 5+ years building web applications
- You are known for being a great communicator and use various tactics (pictures, metaphors, story telling etc) to improve understanding
- You write tests to improve the design and quality of code
- You are organized and focused when working toward a goal
- You show humility when you are right and have the confidence to admit mistakes
- You are passionate about building products that developers love
GitHub is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of color and other groups currently underrepresented in tech. We are looking for candidates who:
•Display a strong commitment to building an inclusive tech environment
•Have demonstrated resilience and resourcefulness both in and outside of the workplace
•Can bring a new perspective based on unique educational, professional, and lived experiences
•Can effectively communicate with people from disparate backgrounds
•Have experience mentoring/coaching/teaching, particularly in environments with diverse students/participants
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over ten million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We're committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we've established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we've built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your recruiter!