Senior Revenue Analyst
GitHub is looking for a full-time Senior Revenue Analyst to join our accounting team in San Francisco. The individual will play a critical role in analyzing non-standard revenue contracts and multiple element arrangements, researching and implementing GAAP revenue standards, and GitHub’s quote-to-cash process.
GitHub is looking for highly-motivated individual who will need to perform in a fast-paced, start-up environment. This is a great time to join our team, as we have several interesting projects underway which will enhance the individual’s overall knowledge of the business and serve as valuable experience.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with Company policy and US GAAP
- Involvement in maintenance and improvement of GitHub’s quote to cash process
- Review revenue contracts for compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and internal controls
- Review and update process documentation
- Assist in yearly audit process
- Manage the AR aging and assist with cash collections
- Ensure efficient and accurate completion of month-end close activities, including the proper deferral and recognition of revenue
- Maintain accurate deferred revenue schedules on a monthly basis
- Assist in analysis and implementation process for new revenue standards (ASC 606)
- Assist or manage special projects and processes
Desired skills and experience:
- 3-5 years technical revenue accounting experience, preferably within Software and SaaS
- Understanding and experience working with financial statement audits
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP requirements and revenue recognition rules
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Desire for continuous improvement of current processes, procedures and documentation
- Proactive and self motivated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written & oral communication
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word and Excel
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Active CPA
- NetSuite, Zuora, Salesforce, and/or Steelbrick experience
WHO WE ARE
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over ten million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com, our desktop and mobile apps, and GitHub Enterprise, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write better code, faster.
We have a lot of exciting things to do, and we’re looking for the right people to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Working at GitHub is, to put it simply, a special slice of the universe. We're committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and always staying classy.
Because of this unique perspective, we've established one of the most flexible and well designed physical workspaces around that encourages you to work as you work best. Right now, over 60% of our employees are based outside of our San Francisco (SOMA) headquarters and work according to how they get their best stuff done.
Ensuring that GitHubbers are healthy, motivated, focused and creative is how GitHub stays awesome. Part of this is ensuring that our benefits* are out of this world.
In a nutshell, we've built and are growing a place where we truly love working, and we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask your recruiter!