Senior Software Engineer
Gitwit is a digital product and marketing company located in Tulsa’s Historic Greenwood District. We are a fiercely creative 30-person team with a diverse set of talents ranging from researchers, strategists, and data scientists, to writers, designers, animators, and engineers. We create and implement growth and innovation strategies for a wide variety of local, national, and global clients.
We champion questions above everything and clearly understand that our value to the world lies in moving quickly and methodically to innovate in ways that companies themselves cannot.
Gitwit has 10+ years of experience designing and developing a wide-range of software products from native consumer apps to specialized industrial applications. We’re passionate about building products that impact people’s daily lives for good. You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects that reach thousands of people in a variety of fields. Some of our current projects include a two-sided marketplace for parents and caregivers to arrange childcare during COVID-19, a patient check-in tool for ER and urgent care centers, a tool for understanding and hiring the right kind of innovator and other internal and external projects.
We are currently looking for an experienced software developer who is interested in building amazing products and solving real problems. This is an opportunity for the right software developer to plug into one of the best product teams in the region. Your task is to add speed and technical firepower to help grow our product line and deliver bigger and better interactive experiences for our clients.
What You Will Do
- Build scalable and reliable software solutions for internal and external projects
- Participate in rapid prototyping sprints with designers and product managers
- Lead backend development and architecture
- Improve the team through quality code reviews
- Create standards and reusable components to help us scale faster and more efficiently
What You Will Bring
- Examples of secure and elegant software development on production systems
- 5+ years of prior engineering experience
- Significant experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc) and non-relational databased (MongoDB)
- Experience working with Django and Python
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience managing DevOps within AWS
- Competitive salary
- Technology package of your choice including cell phone
- Private and collaborative workspace at one of the coolest office buildings in Tulsa
- Excellent health and dental insurance with 99% of the employee premium paid by us
- 401k match
- Life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Plenty of vacation time to live your life
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. Gitwit does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.