Technology – Product and Engineering /
Givebutter is the #1 rated fundraising platform on G2, powering more than $150M in donations annually for thousands of good causes. Over the past two years, our team of 3 has become a fully remote team of 30+ Butter Slices, spread across 21 states and five countries. We've been certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2022, and our founders were recently featured on Forbes’ 30U30 list for Social Impact.
Our mission is to empower the changemaker in all of us. We believe giving should be fun, so you’ll want to do it again, and we also believe that work should be fun, so that you’ll have the greatest impact. We are excited to hear from talented people who want to work with other talented people in making the world a butter place—and have fun along the way.
As a Backend Engineer at Givebutter, you’ll work on the development of our backend using the latest versions of PHP (Laravel) and that powers our frontend and mobile application. You’ll join a fast-moving and motivated team focused on designing, building, and maintainin code across Givebutter’s product offerings. Your work will have a direct impact on our customers and help enable them in their mission to be changemakers. This role will report to the Director of Product, Jesse Saldana.
We want to hear from people who...
- Who builds impeccable features and is detail-oriented
- Who is ready to try new things and willing to execute fast and fix faster
- Who believes the impact of their work is just as, if not more, important than checking off their to do list
- Build, maintain, and deploy Givebutter’s three products—Raise, Track, and Engage.
- Help improve engineering standards, processes, and code quality
- 2+ years’ experience in Laravel and PHP
- Experience working with REST API’s, code packages, deployment tools
- Experience turning ideas and mockups into well-executed code
- Track record of deploying apps at scale with easily maintainable code
- Experience building third-party integrations is a plus
- Experience building consumer-facing products
Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
Vacation and Holiday: Take up to 15 days of paid vacation time per year plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Team Retreats: Participate in team trips each year to meet and work in person as soon as it is safe to do so.
Home Office Stipend: Upgrade your home office with company-sponsored expenses including high-quality laptops, monitors, and modern technology.
Charitable Giving: Employees are encouraged to donate up to $50/month to any verified nonprofit they wish to support on Givebutter.
Professional Development: We offer learning and development reimbursement opportunities.
Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you're doing and the company you work for.