Head of Engineering
Technology – Product and Engineering /
Givebutter is the world's fastest-growing online fundraising platform. More than 30,000 good causes – from local youth groups to world-renowned charities – raise over $100 million annually using Givebutter’s modern forms, campaigns, and event technology.
Founded in 2016, Givebutter is bootstrapped, profitable, and growing quickly. The entire company is fully-remote, spanning twelve different states and three countries. In 2020, Givebutter was awarded the #1 Highest Rated Fundraising Software on G2 Crowd, the world’s leading software review platform, ahead of 223 competitors.
We are looking for a senior-level engineer who is ready to lead a growing team of in-house and outsourced engineers. This role will also work alongside the team to design, build, deploy, and maintain production code for all Givebutter products. This role will report directly to the CTO and oversee a team of 2 in-house engineers and several outsourced engineers.
- Design, build, and deploy Givebutter's fundraising products; Raise, Track, and Engage
- Provide leadership to our in house and outsourced engineers managing weekly check in’s and professional development
- Work across departments to identify and address customer pain points and feature requests that can be solved in our product
- Improve engineering standards, deployment infrastructure, performance, testing, and code quality
- 3+ years of experience managing and developing engineering teams within a growing startup
- Experience with code reviews and enforcing engineering best practices
- Experience working cross-functionally with Support, Success, and Design teams
- Experience working and communicating with technology vendors
- Experience working with REST API’s, code packages, deployment tools
Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
Vacation and Holiday: 15 days paid vacation time to start plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
Team Retreats: Team trips each year to meet and work in person as soon as it is safe to do so.
Discretionary Budget: We provide elective reimbursements for home office expenses, charitable donations on Givebutter, and more.
Training and Development: Take part in department and company-wide training and development.
Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you're doing and the company you work for.