Associate Product Manager
Technology – Product /
Givebutter is the most-loved nonprofit fundraising platform, empowering millions of changemakers to raise more, pay less, and give better. Nonprofits use Givebutter to replace multiple tools so they can launch fundraisers and events, use donation forms and donor management (CRM), send emails and text blasts—all in one place. Instead of charging a traditional SaaS subscription fee, Givebutter is completely free to use with a 100% transparent tip-or-fee model.
Givebutter has been certified as a Great Place to Work® in 2021, 2022, and 2023, and is the #1 rated nonprofit software company on G2 across multiple categories.
Our mission is to empower the changemaker in all of us. We believe giving should be fun, so you’ll want to do it again, and we also believe that work should be fun, so that you’ll have the greatest impact. We are excited to hear from talented people who want to work with other talented people in making the world a butter place—and have fun along the way.
Givebutter is hiring an Associate Product Manager to help execute the product roadmap for our Raise, CRM, and Engage product verticals. Your primary objective will be to increase our speed of roadmap execution while upholding high standards for product design and bug-free code. You’ll develop PRDs to hand off to our Product Design team and break down features into sprints that you run with Product and Engineering teams. You’ll also play a key role in helping launch features and be involved in providing feedback to developers, educating internal teams, and developing launch plans in coordination with Marketing. Ultimately, you will have the opportunity to deliver immense value to Givebutter’s nonprofit customers and help us on our mission to empower the next billion changemakers. This role will report to the Director of Product.
The ideal candidate will be willing to travel to (or reside in) the Tri-State area (NY, NJ, CT) to be available for co-working sessions in NYC with the CTO and Director of Product every 1-2 months or when necessary for product launches, roadmap planning, etc.
We want to hear from people who...
- Love design. You have a design background and want to break into product management.
- Love being part of a great team. You excel at bringing people together around a common goal.
- Love software. You are the first to upgrade your phone to the latest OS.
- Love process, but not at the expense of results. You get it done.
- Love getting in the weeds. You sweat the details.
- Love nonprofits. You understand their pain and have skin in the game.
- Work with our Director of Product and CTO to execute the product roadmap
- Develop feature PRDs and research feature requirements ahead of design and development
- Work with the Product Design team to handoff PRDs and provide feedback on their designs
- Organize and lead the sprints with the Design and Engineering teams
- Review and test features ahead of release
- Educate internal teams on upcoming features and coordinate with Marketing on launches
- 2+ years of experience in Product Design
- 1+ years of experience in Product Management OR completion of a Product Management course through Google, LinkedIn, Udemy, or equivalent
- Experience using ticket management tools (Jira, Linear, etc…) and Figma
- Experience using products related to nonprofit fundraising, CRM, email/text marketing, or equivalents
- Experience volunteering or working with nonprofits
- Bonus: Familiarity with product analytics software, like PostHog, Mixpanel, or Amplitude
$110,000 - $130,000 a year
Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees as well as HSA and FSA accounts.
Mental Health: Givebutter health insurance plans come with access to a TalkSpace membership.
401k: We offer access to a retirement planning account for all employees.
Vacation and Holiday: Take up to 15 days of paid vacation time per year plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Home Office Stipend: Upgrade your home office with company-sponsored expenses including high-quality laptops, monitors, and modern technology.
Charitable Giving: Employees are encouraged to donate up to $50/month to any verified nonprofit they wish to support on Givebutter.
Professional Development: We offer learning and development reimbursement opportunities.
Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you're doing and the company you work for.
A recent study from LinkedIn showed that most women apply to jobs only when they meet 100% of the requirements, whereas men will hit the apply button if they hit 60%. Givebutter is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team - so to the women and nonbinary folks out there feeling unsure if you're a perfect fit, we strongly encourage you to apply!