Senior UI Engineer
Technology – Design /
Givebutter is the world's fastest-growing online fundraising platform. More than 30,000 good causes – from youth groups to the world's largest charities – raise over $100 million annually using Givebutter’s modern forms, campaigns, and event technology.
The company was founded in 2016 out of a dorm room in Washington, DC, and has since grown into a fully-remote team with employees in eight different states. The company’s co-founders, Max Friedman and Liran Cohen, built and bootstrapped the original concept for Givebutter, and still operate the company as CEO and CTO today. In 2020, Givebutter was awarded the #1 Highest Rated Fundraising Software on G2 Crowd, the world’s leading software review platform, ahead of 223 competitors.
We are looking for a Senior UI Engineer to bring a unique blend of user experience, front-end engineering, and design thinking to our team. This role will involve designing, building, deploying, and maintaining production code across several Givebutter products. You will be spending the majority of your time working with our Head of Design, Steve Hayes but also with the Product and Engineering teams. If you enjoy working in the intersection of design and engineering, then we would love to chat with you!
- Design, build and deploy Givebutter's fundraising products (i.e. givebutter.com/fundraise, givebutter.com/collect, etc...)
- Partner with design to work within the UX process to create user-focused features and interactions
- Partner with design to deliver a comprehensive design system
- Work with our Customer Success and Design teams to find customer pain-points and feature requests that can be solved in our product
- Work closely with Design and Engineering to create accessible, interactive and performant interfaces
- Improve engineering standards, deployment infrastructure, performance, testing, and code quality
- Experience building consumer-facing products
- Experience building, or contributing to, well documented design systems
- Experience working with REST API’s, code packages, deployment tools
- Experience turning ideas and mockups into well-executed code
- Track record of deploying apps at scale with easily maintainable code
- Design experience is a plus
- Experience volunteering or working with non-profits is also a plus!
- Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.Health
- Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
- Stock Option Plan: We offer meaningful equity in the company to all early employees.
- Vacation and Holiday: 15 days paid vacation time to start plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to meet and work in person as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Discretionary Budget: We provide elective reimbursements for home office expenses, charitable donations on Givebutter, and more.
- Training and Development: Take part in department and company-wide training and development.
- Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you're doing and the company you work for.