Full Stack Engineer
Washington, DC /
At GiveCampus, our mission is to help advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education. We’ve become the world’s leading social fundraising and engagement platform for non-profit educational institutions, and we’re trusted by nearly 1,000 colleges, universities, and K-12 schools. We’re profitable and continuing to expand our team to support our aggressive growth trajectory, and we’re looking to hire exceptional, motivated, diverse candidates.
We are looking for a brilliant and energetic Full Stack Engineer to join GiveCampus and help us take the platform to the next level. This individual will be a key member of our team, making technical decisions that will shape the company’s future. We want someone who can hit the ground running with our stack and who loves to brainstorm, write code, create new features, and have a big impact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working on the full stack, from UI elements to database performance.
- Building new features from start to finish and back end to front end, including architecture design, coding, testing, and supporting in production.
- Tackling a wide variety of technical issues throughout our stack and contributing to all parts of the code base.
Key things we'll be looking for:
- Functional, real world programming experience (vs. theoretical).
- The ability to hold your own on the front end and the back end.
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Rails, Django, Pyramid, etc.
- SQL database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite).
- Experience with deployments to Heroku, AWS, or similar.
- A track record of balancing fast-and-dirty and long-term code maintainability.
Extra credit if you have:
- Deep expertise with Ruby/Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Postgres database administration.
- Shipped code that has supported tens of thousands of users, including enterprise/business customers.
- Experience in operations and how it pertains to site reliability/speed.
- Familiarity with networking, caching, database, and how to triage issues.
- Experience working on a fundraising/crowdfunding platform.
- Experience working on a fintech or payments technology product.
- A good eye for intuitive, user-friendly front end design.
If this role sounds like you, please apply below. We’re also always looking to hire amazing people, so if you’re interested in what we’re building and want to be a part of it, please get in touch with us even if none of our listed positions are a perfect fit.