Enterprise Account Executive
DC, SF, or Remote /
Business Development /
GiveCampus is the world's leading fundraising and engagement platform for non-profit educational institutions. Trusted by 1,000+ colleges, universities, and K-12 schools, our mission is to help advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education. We received a seed investment from Y Combinator in 2015 and have been profitable and cash flow positive since 2016, which has empowered us to stay laser-focused on the value we deliver to our customers. While we operate at meaningful scale (we facilitated more than $500 million in philanthropy in 2021), we’re still small relative to the commercial and social good opportunities in front of us and every GiveCampus employee has a substantial impact on our trajectory.
Our purpose-driven team of 60+ is located across the US: team members work from anywhere they choose. We have a beautiful 12,000sf office in Washington, DC that is available for people to use whenever they want, and we regularly organize team meet-ups, events, and retreats in various locations. We're looking to expand our team with diverse and collaborative doers who believe in our mission and the transformative power of affordable, high-quality education.
We’re looking for an Enterprise Account Executive -- an experienced SaaS sales executive who has a demonstrated track record of exceeding goals in complex B2B sales. This person would own a portfolio of our largest and most strategic university accounts and prospects (e.g. Yale, Caltech, UVA, etc.). They would be accountable for creating new business as well as collaborating with Partner Success to grow existing Enterprise accounts through cross-sale and increased product adoption. This person would own the full sales cycle from lead generation to close, including account research, lead follow-up, product demos, proposal development, and contract negotiation. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization at a key growth inflection point -- one that will create tremendous opportunity for professional growth.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing complex multi-product deals to completion
- Leading the full cycle sales strategy, including research, prospecting, discovery calls, product demos, closing calls, negotiating terms, and crafting proposals and contracts
- Collaborating with the Partner Success team to build and execute Account Plans for new and existing partners
- Effectively managing personal revenue pipeline and sales activity within Salesforce
- Improving how we sell by bringing best practices from your experience
- Contributing to a team culture focused on winning together and making a positive impact on our partners
Key things we'll be looking for:
- At least 5 years of prior successful revenue generating SaaS sales experience
- Proven ability to sell into complex organizations and manage multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated record of exceeding revenue targets
- Reputation for problem solving and getting results
- Excited about building a best in class sales organizationHighly motivated and goal-oriented
- Articulate, organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-changing collaborative environment
- Dedication to what we’re building at GiveCampus, and to helping advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education
Extra credit if you have:
- Success selling into the education market
- Experience in advancement/development or alumni relations at an educational institution or other non-profit
- Experience at a tech start-up
- Expertise with crowdfunding, peer-to-peer fundraising, or other fundraising activities
- Volunteer experience helping a school raise money or engage its alumni (e.g., as a “class agent”, “class chair/ambassador”, or “reunion committee member”)
At GiveCampus, we value diversity and we pledge to foster an environment of support, inclusivity, and learning, both on the job and throughout the application process. In this spirit, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
GiveCampus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are not discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
If you feel like you don't meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome often get in the way of connecting with incredible people, and we don't want them to prevent us from meeting you.