Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco /
Momentum helps non-profits fundraise more effectively by building software to deliver actionable insights and tailored recommendations for donor engagement by integrating data from multiple CRMs, leveraging GPT4 and using insights from behavioral science. Join us and help non-profits do more good.
We are seeking a skilled and versatile software engineer to join our nimble, people-focused team. As a small startup, we embrace rapid innovation and strive to empower non-profits by developing a state-of-the-art application that simplifies donor relationship management.
We are open to both remote or in-person (in San Francisco).
- Backend: Django 3, PostgreSQL, Celery, Algolia, GPT4
- Frontend: Vue 3, Nuxt, ChakraUI 2
- DevOps: Render, Vercel, Sentry, Datadog, RainforestQA
You can see our MVP code at github.com/givemomentum/stewardship-frontend
In this role, you will:
- Expand our platform with new relationship management functionalities, like in-app calling & summarizing.
- Tackle frontend tasks with limited UX/UI guidance or pre-existing designs.
- Leverage GPT4 and AI recommendations to develop advanced relationship management tools, including personalized email composition, call scripts, and relationship history analysis.
- Investigate opportunities for integrating with top-tier CRMs like Hubspot to reach new markets.
- Improve and maintain our CRM data import system, including Salesforce, Blackbaud, and Donor Perfect integrations.
You’re a fit if you have:
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience.
- A genuine interest in learning UX/UI principles and modern event-based UI approaches (frontend expertise isn’t mandatory).
- Aptitude for thriving in a dynamic environment with evolving requirements and priorities.
- A strong interest in understanding product and contributing to the overall success of the business.
- A robust sense of ownership and the ability to work autonomously.
- We care less about your experience with specific technologies versus your ability to learn quickly.
$150,000 - $225,000 a year
The stated salary range is for total compensation and includes cash and equity shares.
We are a small team dedicated to improving the world. Our founders have pledged 25% to the Founders' Pledge, and several of our team have pledged to give 10% to charity. We also value transparency, truth-seeking and relentless resourcefulness.
- Fully paid trans-inclusive health, dental and vision insurance
- Stipend for computer and home office setup
- Professional development resources
- Professional development resources, including connections with our industry-expert advisors such as Peter Singer, Jaan Tallinn, and Eric Ries
Momentum’s headquarters are located in San Francisco, CA (we can help with relocation, but are also open to remote).
People in minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Research shows that you may focus on how you don’t meet our requirements. If you know you’re talented and are passionate about helping people, please apply even if you don’t meet every requirement! Momentum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Our software helps people from every background, and we are dedicated to building a company that reflects that. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our culture and product will be for everyone.