Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco /
We help nonprofits fundraise to reduce suffering and improve the world. We’re building a psychology-based donation platform that increases subscription donations by tying donations to things people do and care about. Join us and help charities do more good.
We are growing our engineering team to scale the product from supporting 50k donors today to serving as the recurring donation infrastructure of the internet. We're looking for someone to join our three senior engineers to help with the development of a new back-end and building out new frontend features.
In this role, you will:
- Make architectural decisions as we scale our API backend and database.
- Architect and implement responsive websites while making sound UI/UX decisions
- Be comfortable both with solving technical problems from scratch, and with leveraging tools and libraries.
- Produce high quality code while considering both technical factors (performance, extensibility, etc.) and product factors (user experience, business goals, etc.).
You’re a fit if you have:
- Experience in software engineering using backend and frontend web technologies (we use React, Django, NodeJS, and Postgres, but are open to applicants with experience in other technologies).
- Strong ownership mentality and ability to work independently
- Takes vaguely formed product brief & makes it clear, asks questions & makes a working output.
- Able to write high quality, well documented, and maintainable code
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience working with and scaling relational databases
- Experienced the challenges and joys working at a startup
- Experience with AWS and DevOps/SRE
- Experience working with financial service APIs such as Stripe or Plaid
- Experience with independently handling small UI/UX issues
- Cares deeply about our clients' needs; works with design and product to meet those needs
Our engineering team:
You’ll be joining a small but growing engineering team. We currently have three senior software engineers, and we’re looking to bring on two more engineers right now. As you’re joining early, you’ll get to help shape the culture, but here are some of the values of our current engineering team:
- Code isn’t just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- The tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
- Security is at the center of everything we do. We are always on the lookout for ways to further harden our platform.
- Balancing paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a features contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
- Being correct isn’t enough - respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.
Benefits and Compensation
We don’t think that money should be the main reason you join Momentum (that should be our team, our mission, and our culture!) That said, we do offer a generous compensation package:
- Competitive salary and generous equity (tailored to your preferences)
- Fully paid trans-inclusive health, dental and vision insurance
- Stipend for computer and home office setup
- Professional development resources
Momentum’s headquarters and team are located in San Francisco, CA (we can help with relocation).
People in minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Research shows that you may focus on how you don’t meet our requirements. If you know you’re talented and are passionate about helping people, please apply even if you don’t meet every requirement! Momentum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Our software helps people from every background, and we are dedicated to building a company that reflects that. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our culture and product will be for everyone.