Product – Product Management /
Giving Assistant is looking for a Product Manager to lead critical platform and consumer initiatives. The role will work closely with partnerships, engineering and data teams to identify revenue growth and optimization opportunities and define requirements to take initiatives from concept through delivery. The role will also work closely with internal stakeholders to optimize business tools and processes. This is a key product role with significant impact on company KPIs and mission.
Mission: To Transform Shopping into a Sustainable Source of Giving
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make giving back as much a part of shopping as saving money is. We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. Shoppers can save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals. We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation with plans to have a global impact.
Giving Assistant gives people a single loyalty program to save money shopping online at their favorite major retailers, and encourages them to transform their savings into charitable action by streamlining charitable cashback donations. We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals.
What we believe:
We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save money. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. To help nonprofit organizations, Giving Assistant taps into the reliability and power of e-commerce shopping—increasing donations and engagement.
Give┃Empower change through giving: We lead with generosity and believe giving should be second nature.
Embrace┃Do more together: We accomplish more when we work together and promote a diverse and equitable environment.
Elevate┃Uplift our community: We strive to improve the lives and experiences of our team and partners while advancing innovation.
Exemplify┃Act with purpose: We are accountable for our work, our company’s impact, and for making decisions that uphold our mission.
- Work with Engineering, Data and Marketing teams to identify opportunities to enhance and extend our core platform and content management tools.
- Run product discovery and product development in parallel.
- Lead a cross-functional team in the definition of objectives and key results (OKRs) for projects.
- Maintain a prioritized backlog of projects and bugs that ensures fast speed to market for our most valuable initiatives.
- Create concise project specs, workflows and other supporting material with strong attention to detail and a preference for an intuitive, less-is-more user experience.
- Drive conversion rate optimization (CRO) efforts by ensuring the right content is displayed at the right time.
- Effectively relay issues and concerns to the VP, Product and Engineering.
- Comply with all Giving Assistant policies and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Experience
- 3+ years of Product Management experience.
- Experience with affiliate marketing networks and data sources.
- Experience working in a start-up or high growth environment.
- Real-world experience as a developer, a designer, or data analyst.
- Experience designing and managing content management systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Required Skills
- Can identify business opportunities and think at a high level about product vision - answer “Which user problem needs to be solved?”, not just “What is the easiest thing to build”?
- Ability to learn from users and past product decisions, track against a definition of success, and iterate to improve an offering.
- Comfortable being the lead and managing multiple projects at once. Keeps focus on prioritizing projects and enhancements that create customer and business value.
- An affinity for analyzing data with SQL and data visualization tools in order to make more objective, data-driven product decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability in the area of prioritization and strategic thinking.
- A passionate self-starting mindset, able to work autonomously, but also enjoys and is effective collaborating with peers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. They must be capable of writing, using a computer keyboard, telephone and related office equipment. Ability to lift 10lbs. required.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
A competitive annual salary that factors in location and experience
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Flexible Vacation (no cap)
Paid birth and parental leave
Stipend for continuing education
Have a measurable positive impact on society
Dependent care, and health FSAs
Fully remote work environment
Company volunteer opportunities
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.
Giving Assistant is a remote company, this role requires the ability to be in front of a computer for 8 hours. Pursuant to the Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.