UX/UI Designer (Contract)
Brand Partnerships – Brand Partnerships /
Part-time, Remote in United States 4-6 months, up to 20 hrs/week
Company Overview: Founded in 2014, Giving Assistant is a fast growing, mission-driven, for-profit, Certified B Corporation. We envision a shopping economy where giving back is easy, and every purchase makes a difference no matter where you shop. Consumers are spending more time interacting online and are more loyal to companies supporting causes they love. As a result, digital businesses of all sizes are well-positioned to make a profound collective impact by empowering customers to support the charities that are most important to them.
Givva, a division within Giving Assistant, believes every digital interaction can inspire giving back and contribute to positive social impact for a brighter future. Givva’s charitable-giving API service makes it easy for businesses to personalize donations, inspire giving, and engage more deeply with their customers.
Our Mission: Transform every digital interaction into a sustainable source of charitable giving.
Opportunity: Giving Assistant is looking for a part-time freelance UX/UI designer to join the Givva product team to design a new web-app for one of our partners. This position will be up to 20/hrs a week with the possibility of becoming full-time.
- Build wireframes, design low and high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes to communicate design ideas at the appropriate level of detail
- Create shippable responsive designs and iterate on designs across multiple projects at the same time
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process
- Attack problem spaces and drive potential solutions that are valuable, usable and feasible with Product and Engineering
- Work in a collaborative manner with team members in remote offices
- 1-2 years of interaction design, experience design, or digital design experience with consumer and mobile products, strictly in UX and/or UI
- Great understanding of design principles and a real passion for designing great user experiences
- A preference for creating clean, “less is more” user interface designs
- Strong attention to detail - please add “I want to be a Givva” in your application
- Great communication skills
- Working knowledge of Figma and other modern design tools
- An online portfolio available for review
- A genuine passion for empowering shoppers to give to their favorite nonprofits
- A strong command of brand design and/or advertising design
- Advocate for Design Thinking
- Familiarity with the affiliate marketing space is helpful
- Experience with designing from a design library/system
This is a part-time freelance position for 4-6 months with possible extension, at up to 20 hrs a week. Rate is $30-40/hr depending on experience.
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.