Senior Product Manager
Product – Product Management /
This is a critical lead role impacting strategy, planning and delivery for core Giving Assistant products - current and future. You will drive growth, plan for scale and directly impact our consumers, nonprofits and brands. You will define customer targets, make data-driven business cases and execute initiatives to meet target goals. You should thrive in a fast-paced and nimble environment.
Mission: To Transform Shopping into a Sustainable Source of Giving
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make giving back as much a part of shopping as saving money is. We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. Shoppers can save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals. We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation with plans to have a global impact.
Giving Assistant gives people a single loyalty program to save money shopping online at their favorite major retailers, and encourages them to transform their savings into charitable action by streamlining charitable cashback donations. We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals.
What we believe:
We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save money. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. To help nonprofit organizations, Giving Assistant taps into the reliability and power of e-commerce shopping—increasing donations and engagement.
Give┃Empower change through giving: We lead with generosity and believe giving should be second nature.
Embrace┃Do more together: We accomplish more when we work together and promote a diverse and equitable environment.
Elevate┃Uplift our community: We strive to improve the lives and experiences of our team and partners while advancing innovation.
Exemplify┃Act with purpose: We are accountable for our work, our company’s impact, and for making decisions that uphold our mission.
- Deliver value to our consumers and the business by extending our product offerings while leading cross-functional teams of software engineers, data and marketing teams.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative user research to inform your product vision and gain a clear understanding of consumer needs.
- Become the subject matter expert of the industry and consumers.
- Strike the right balance between input (ie, working on the right project), output (ie, getting it to market quickly) and outcome (ie, measuring against a definition of success)
- Maintain a prioritized backlog of projects and bugs that ensures fast speed to market for our most valuable initiatives
- Provide ample business context, prioritization reasoning and coaching for initiatives.
- Generate concise project specs, wireframes and other supporting material with strong attention to detail and a preference for an intuitive, less-is-more mobile-first user experience.
- Manage conversion rate optimization (CRO) efforts, lead A/B testing and share the lessons from failures and successes.
- Report on the progress of the OKRs.
- Evangelize your product to further successful market adoption
- Effectively relay issues and concerns to the VP, Product Management.
- Comply with all Giving Assistant policies and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Experience
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with consumer and mobile products.
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives across Design, Engineering and Go-to-Market.
- A track record of running UX optimization experiments.
- Real-world experience as a developer, a designer or a data analyst, a plus.
- SQL, a plus.
- Affiliate marketing experience, a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Required Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficient computer and technology skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, search engines.
- Professional writing ability, including usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability in the area of prioritization and strategic thinking.
- Hands-on, high-energy work ethic, with an ability to work very effectively with all levels of the company.
- A process and analytically focused mindset, with the highest attention to detail to proactively anticipate and resolve/coordinate issues.
- A passionate self-starting mindset, able to work autonomously, but also enjoys and is effective collaborating with peers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. They must be capable of writing, using a computer keyboard, telephone and related office equipment. Ability to lift 10lbs. required.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
A competitive annual salary that factors in location and experience
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Flexible Vacation (no cap)
Paid birth and parental leave
Stipend for continuing education
Have a measurable positive impact on society
Dependent care, and health FSAs
Fully remote work environment
Company volunteer opportunities
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.
Giving Assistant is a remote company, this role requires the ability to be in front of a computer for 8 hours. Pursuant to the Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.