Engineering – Development /
You will play a critical role in building and scaling our internal infrastructure and systems. As one of our first in-house Infrastructure Automation Engineer, you will be key in helping us not only maintain our systems but in driving decisions on how to design and scale to keep up with company growth. You will be expected to roll up your sleeves and help with a variety of tasks from high-level system architecture decisions to responding to lower-level IT support issues.
Mission: To Transform Shopping into a Sustainable Source of Giving
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make giving back as much a part of shopping as saving money is. We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. Shoppers can save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals. We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation based in San Francisco, California, with plans to have a global impact.
Giving Assistant gives people a single loyalty program to save money shopping online at their favorite major retailers, and encourages them to transform their savings into charitable action by streamlining charitable cashback donations. We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals.
We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation based in San Francisco, California, with plans to have a global impact. To learn more about our mission to give back, visit givingassistant.org/about.
What we believe:
We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save money. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. To help nonprofit organizations, Giving Assistant taps into the reliability and power of e-commerce shopping—increasing donations and engagement.What we do:Giving Assistant shoppers save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
Inspire Giving — We believe everyone can find a way to give back.
Work Smart, Live Well — We believe “work-life balance” should be more than a buzzword.
Do More with Less — We strive to be nimble and inventive in a fast-paced environment.
Be a Team Player — We do our best when we work together.
Uphold Integrity & Transparency — We feel honesty and openness are essential to create a workplace where everyone feels supported.
Own the Experience — We champion taking responsibility and ongoing learning.
- Work with your team members and manager to help ensure the uptime of our production environment
- Work with team leadership to drive decisions and discussions pertaining to the health and scalability of our network architecture, security architecture, overall system performance, and monitoring
- Assist with IT and desktop support requestsEvaluate, test, and implement maintenance, patches, and upgrades for various hardware and software
- Conduct regular hardware and software audits to ensure compliance with established policies, standards, and configuration guidelines
- Assist in building and maintaining our development, staging, and production environments
- Assist our Release Engineer with software deployments and related technologies
- Interface with our software development and product management teams to communicate issues and recommend improvements in their respective applications
- Help mitigate security vulnerabilities and attacks
- Monitor our environments to ensure uptime, security, and system reliability
- Be part of an on-call team to provide after-hours support in case of occasional emergencies
- 5+ years of experience working as a system administrator for small to mid-sized organizations with Linux and cloud-based ecosystems
- Ability to work with stakeholders to set expectations and work collaboratively with multiple levels of the organization to get things done
- In-depth familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Solid experience being part of a team responsible for running high-traffic websites and with a strong focus on performance optimization, scalability, and reliability
- Solid working experience with Linux in multiple flavors (Amazon/CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Proficient at web server administration (Apache, Nginx, Node)
- Familiarity with automated deployment and configuration software
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI Layers, TCP/IP routing, etc)
- Excited to pursue and implement security technologies (VPN, WAF, SSL, etc)
- Familiar with web application environments and their requirements
- Able to administrate and recommend related software Not scared of big data processing and storage
- We welcome candidates located anywhere in the United States, but regardless of location you must be willing to schedule your working hours to align with approximately 9am - 5pm Pacific time.
Preferred Exposure to Several of the Following:
- AWS Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, ECS, ECR, ELB, EC2, S3, etc
- Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes
- CDN’s, load balancers, traffic monitoring, raw traffic logs, PHP, Python/Django
- Memcached, Varnish, RabbitMQ
- MySQL, Mongo, Redis
- Git, Bitbucket
- B.S. Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study
- Experience working in the e-commerce/affiliate industry
- Experience with Agile methodologies & working with JIRA
- Some level of conversational Spanish ability
- Relevant AWS, network, or security certifications
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:A competitive annual salary that factors location in and experience, Stock options, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Unlimited VacationPaid parental leave, Stipend for continuing education
Have a measurable positive impact on society. Pre-tax commuter, dependant care, and health FSAs, Employer-sponsored 401KCashback, quarterly company volunteer activities, Audible membership
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.