Buenos Aires /
Engineering – Development /
Reporting to QA Manager
Founded in 2014, Giving Assistant is a fast growing, mission-driven, for-profit, Certified B Corporation. We envision a shopping economy where giving back is easy, and every purchase makes a difference no matter where you shop. Consumers will expect and demand nothing less. The winning companies will not only offer great products, they will also invest in the social and environmental missions that matter most to their customers.
We believe shopping and giving go together. We know that consumers shop more when they support a cause they love. That's why we have committed our team, partnerships, and technology to transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
Giving Assistant empowers brands to enhance the shopping experience with personalized giving as a way to help consumers create impact, with each purchase. To date, our platform has generated over $5 million in donations to tens of thousands of U.S. nonprofits.
To transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
Our Core Values:
- Work Smart, Live Well
- Do More with Less
- Be a Team Player
- Uphold Integrity & Transparency
- Inspire Giving
- Own the Experience
Be part of a new wave of change taking place across industries. With Web 1.0, online replaced offline businesses. In Web 2.0, niche-focused players took on the e-commerce giants. Giving Assistant is part of the next wave, a socially responsible wave, we call it, “conscious disruption."
Your role will be vital in uplifting our core products at Giving Assistant to better serve the needs of our three-sided marketplace. You will contribute toward growth and positively impact our consumers, nonprofits and brands. Your eye will always be on key metrics.
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment and find purpose in your work from having a measurable positive impact on society.
- Participate in many phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, focusing on quality
- Help ensure and improve quality including writing integration and unit tests
- Tackle challenging problems by monitoring and evaluating flows on various products
- Add functional tests to new product specifications supporting development and product team for a richer understanding of quality control
- Answer technical questions from development and recommend improvements along the development lifecycle.
- 6-8 years of engineering experience
- 4-6 years of QA experience
- Ability to write & execute detailed tech testing specs
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and adaptable to various design paradigms
- Comfortable writing and working with SQL and NoSQL database systems Knack for writing clean, readable code & tests
- Sound knowledge of working with RESTful APIs
- Excellent communication skills (in English: verbal and written)
- Experience working with virtual development environments
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience working as an engineer in the e-commerce/affiliate industry
- Cypress, Selenium and similar automation frameworks. (JS Preferred)
- Experience with Agile methodologies & working with JIRA
- Devops experience
- Regression, Automation, Manual, Black-box, White-box, Grey-box, Functional, Non-Functional, BDD, Debugging logs
- Experience with modern development and management tools like git and BitBucketPostman or similar API automation tool.
- Comfortable working with git/git-flow.
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
- Competitive annual salary that factors location in and experience
- Stock options
- 15 days paid vacation/year, in addition to 11 company holidays
- Annual stipend for continuing education
- Stipend for working in coworking space
- Have a measurable positive impact on society
- Code challenges and contests
- 2x per year volunteer activities and company retreats in Argentina
- Yearly stipend to visit HQ in San Francisco
- Stipend for working in coworking space
- Remote office equipment and supplies
- We don’t support < IE10
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.