Mid-Level Data Analyst
San Francisco /
Engineering – Data /
Founded in 2014, Giving Assistant is a fast growing, mission-driven, for-profit, Certified B Corporation. We envision a shopping economy where giving back is easy, and every purchase makes a difference no matter where you shop. Consumers will expect and demand nothing less. The winning companies will not only offer great products, they will also invest in the social and environmental missions that matter most to their customers.
We believe shopping and giving go together. We know that consumers shop more when they support a cause they love. That's why we have committed our team, partnerships, and technology to transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
Giving Assistant empowers brands to enhance the shopping experience with personalized giving as a way to help consumers create impact, with each purchase. To date, our platform has generated over $5 million in donations to tens of thousands of U.S. nonprofits.
To transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
Our Core Values:
- Work Smart, Live Well
- Do More with Less
- Be a Team Player
- Uphold Integrity & Transparency
- Inspire Giving
- Own the Experience
Be part of a new wave of change taking place across industries. With Web 1.0, online replaced offline businesses. In Web 2.0, niche-focused players took on the e-commerce giants. Giving Assistant is part of the next wave, a socially responsible wave, we call it, “conscious disruption."
Your role will be vital in uplifting our core products at Giving Assistant to better serve the needs of our three-sided marketplace. You will contribute toward growth and positively impact our consumers, nonprofits and brands. Your eye will always be on key metrics.
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment and find purpose in your work from having a measurable positive impact on society.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutionsRespond to requests for business data, reports, models or analysis.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Work with the Director of Data to help grow and refine the data department into a highly functional group of data experts.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Support the Company’s A/B testing framework by testing model quality.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in business intelligence and data engineering outside of an academic environment.
- 3-5 years of daily application of advanced querying capabilities in both SQL and NoSQL database systems in a professional environment.
- Solid experience creating reporting dashboards and analysing data using Looker, Amplitude, and/or Tableau
- 2-3 years of experience using R or Python to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Proven track record of working with stakeholders in a professional environment to set expectations and work collaboratively at multiple levels of the organization to get things done.
- A solid understanding of data science and machine learning principles.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- B.S. or M.S. in Data Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences, Statistics or related field of study
- Experience working in the e-commerce/affiliate industry
- Experience working with MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience with Agile methodologies & working with JIRA
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
- A competitive annual salary that factors in location and experience
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Stipend for continuing education
- Have a measurable positive impact on society
- Work with a team of passionate professionals (and a few dogs!) in a new, beautiful & environmentally friendly skyscraper
- Pre-tax commuter, dependant care, and health FSAs
- Employer-sponsored 401K
- Cashback donation matching
- Quarterly company retreats and volunteer activities
- Audible membership
- Option to work from home Wednesdays and Fridays
- Weekly company social
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.
*Note: we are not able to sponsor H1-B visas for this role