Business Intelligence Engineer
San Francisco /
Engineering – Data /
Founded in 2014, Giving Assistant is a fast growing, mission-driven, for-profit, Certified B Corporation. We envision a shopping economy where giving back is easy, and every purchase makes a difference no matter where you shop. Consumers will expect and demand nothing less. The winning companies will not only offer great products, they will also invest in the social and environmental missions that matter most to their customers.
We believe shopping and giving go together. We know that consumers shop more when they support a cause they love. That's why we have committed our team, partnerships, and technology to transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
Giving Assistant empowers brands to enhance the shopping experience with personalized giving as a way to help consumers create impact, with each purchase. To date, our platform has generated over $5 million in donations to tens of thousands of U.S. nonprofits.
To transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
Our Core Values:
- Work Smart, Live Well
- Do More with Less
- Be a Team Player
- Uphold Integrity & Transparency
- Inspire Giving
- Own the Experience
Be part of a new wave of change taking place across industries. With Web 1.0, online replaced offline businesses. In Web 2.0, niche-focused players took on the e-commerce giants. Giving Assistant is part of the next wave, a socially responsible wave, we call it, “conscious disruption."
As a key member of a small team of data professionals, you will be responsible for helping the organization to identify opportunities by leveraging company data to drive critical business solutions.|
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should be an experienced data analyst who thrives in a fast paced environment and be enthusiastic about working in a team of mission-driven entrepreneurs, including a CEO with an exit.
- Own data warehouse architecture and BI tools such as Looker
- Design data models and develop ETL from source systems to data warehouse
- Work with data analysts and stakeholders throughout the organization to develop requirements and metric definitions
- Develop metrics, deliver dashboards, build reports, and support ad hoc data tasks.
- Promote self-service analytics across the company through system improvements and user training.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in business intelligence or data engineering.
- 2-4 years of experience developing ETL pipelines with large databases using modern big data technologies.
- Experience designing data warehouses using techniques such as Kimball.
- Experience creating dashboards and reports using tools such as Looker.
- Solid computer science foundation.
- Proven track record of working with stakeholders in a professional environment to set expectations and work collaboratively at multiple levels of the organization to get things done.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Familiarity with data security and compliance regulations.
- B.S. or M.S. in Data Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, or related field of study.
- Experience working in the e-commerce/affiliate industry.
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience with Agile methodologies & working with JIRA.
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
- A competitive annual salary that factors in location and experience
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Stipend for continuing education
- Have a measurable positive impact on society
- Work with a team of passionate professionals (and a few dogs!) in a new, beautiful & environmentally friendly skyscraper
- Pre-tax commuter, dependant care, and health FSAs
- Employer-sponsored 401K
- Cashback donation matching
- Quarterly company retreats and volunteer activities
- Audible membership
- Option to work from home Wednesdays and Fridays
- Weekly company social
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.
*Note: we are not able to sponsor H1-B visas for this role