Technical Product Manager
Product – Product Management /
Giving Assistant is looking for a Technical Product Manager to lead critical API and system integration projects. The Technical Product Manager will work closely with the engineering and data teams to validate API integrations, specify data requirements and create content management requirements. The role will also work closely with internal business stakeholders to optimize content aggregation and publishing processes and tools. This is a key product role that directly drives value for Giving Assistant and our mission.
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should thrive in a fast paced environment and be enthusiastic to work on a diverse team of mission-driven innovators.
Mission: To Transform Shopping into a Sustainable Source of Giving
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make giving back as much a part of shopping as saving money is. We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. Shoppers can save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals. We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation with plans to have a global impact.
Giving Assistant gives people a single loyalty program to save money shopping online at their favorite major retailers, and encourages them to transform their savings into charitable action by streamlining charitable cashback donations. We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals.
What we believe:
We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save money. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. To help nonprofit organizations, Giving Assistant taps into the reliability and power of e-commerce shopping—increasing donations and engagement.
Give┃Empower change through giving: We lead with generosity and believe giving should be second nature.
Embrace┃Do more together: We accomplish more when we work together and promote a diverse and equitable environment.
Elevate┃Uplift our community: We strive to improve the lives and experiences of our team and partners while advancing innovation.
Exemplify┃Act with purpose: We are accountable for our work, our company’s impact, and for making decisions that uphold our mission.
- Work with Engineering, Data, and Marketing teams to identify opportunities to enhance and extend our core platform and content management tools
- Become the subject matter expert for acquisition, processing, publishing and reporting of data coming from affiliate networks
- Run product discovery and product development in parallel
- Lead a cross-functional team in the definition of objectives and key results (OKRs) for projects
- Maintain a prioritized backlog of projects and bugs that ensures fast speed to market for our most valuable initiatives
- Create concise project specs, workflows and other supporting material with strong attention to detail and a preference for an intuitive, less-is-more user experience
- Drive conversion rate optimization (CRO) efforts by ensuring the right content is displayed at the right time
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience documenting APIs and associated data architecture requirements
- Can identify business opportunities and think at a high level about product vision - answer “Which user problem needs to be solved?”, not just “What is the easiest thing to build”?
- Ability to learn from users and past product decisions, track against a definition of success, and iterate to improve an offering
- Comfortable being the lead and managing multiple projects at once.
- Keeps focus on prioritizing projects and enhancements that create customer and business value.
- An affinity for analyzing data with SQL and data visualization tools in order to make more objective, data-driven product decisions
- Experience with affiliate marketing/publisher networks and data sources
- Conversational Spanish ability
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes: A competitive salary that factors location in and experience, Stock options, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid parental leave, Stipend for continuing education
Have a measurable positive impact on society.
Pre-tax commuter, dependent care, and health FSAs, Employer-sponsored 401K, quarterly company volunteer activities
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.