Senior Manager, Business Intelligence
Strategy and Insights /
Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence
Reporting to Sr. Director of Strategy & Insights
Founded in 2014, Giving Assistant is a fast growing, mission-driven, for-profit, Certified B Corporation. We envision a shopping economy where giving back is easy, and every purchase makes a difference no matter where you shop. Consumers will expect and demand nothing less. The winning companies will not only offer great products, they will also invest in the social and environmental missions that matter most to their customers.
We believe shopping and giving go together. We know that consumers shop more when they support a cause they love. That's why we have committed our team, partnerships, and technology to transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
Giving Assistant empowers brands to enhance the shopping experience with personalized giving as a way to help consumers create impact, with each purchase.To date, our platform has generated over $5 million in donations to tens of thousands of U.S. nonprofits.
To transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source of giving.
OUR CORE VALUES:
● Work Smart, Live Well
● Do More with Less
● Be a Team Player
● Uphold Integrity & Transparency
● Inspire Giving
● Own the Experience
Be part of a new wave of change taking place across industries. With Web 1.0, online replaced offline businesses. In Web 2.0, niche-focused players took on the e-commerce giants. Giving Assistant is part of the next wave, a socially responsible wave, we call it, “conscious disruption."
We are searching for a Sr. Manager to bring together a talented BI organization to support decision making and KPI tracking here at Giving Assistant. This Sr. Manager role will be responsible for bringing together disparate data sources as they come online and rolling out a new BI solution. The existing BI team and analysts will report to them.
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should thrive in a fast paced environment and be enthusiastic to work in a team of mission-driven entrepreneurs.
● Set vision for data infrastructure investments with an eye to building a future-proof data platform that can support both structured and unstructured data
● Design and development of reporting solutions, including static reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc reporting, and self-service solutions
● Improve the accuracy and timeliness of data, incorporate innovating visualization techniques to improve data usability
● Hiring and developing a talented team to create a BI powerhouse function
● Coach, supervise and mentor the staff of professional analysts, engineers, and managers
● Can work collaboratively work with client teams to understand, meet and exceed their needs and with the engineering team to define requirements and provide clear guidance on requirements
● Ability to work with large groups of associates at all levels of management.
● Strong and effective presentation and communication skills, being comfortable speaking with executive leadership.
● Has deep insights on how enterprises use and misuse data effectively; Is up to date and passionate about the rapidly changing technology stack as it pertains to data management and the explosive growth of unstructured data
● Recognizes the importance of BI as a mission-critical service within an enterprise and sets a high bar on high-quality execution
● Embraces and promotes continuous process improvements
● 5 years of related experience working with business and managing teams in a dynamic and fast paced environment
● 3 years experience in reporting and analytics or at an e-commerce company
● Has sufficient technical knowledge and depth to be able to evaluate technologies and partner with Engineering to deliver data solutions
● Strong knowledge of BI platforms/applications including visualization tools such as Tableau as well as a deeper technical understanding of data management activities such as data extract/ load, data schema design
● Expertise in managing reporting function including producing KPIs and Dashboards, publishing through multiple channels
● Advanced SQL ) skills using multiple databases in various environments
● Experience working in an Agile environment
● Demonstrated track record of using data to make product, engineering and finance level decisions
● Ability to communicate with all levels of the business (C-Suite, Executive leadership, individual contributors)
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
● A competitive annual salary that factors location in and experience
● Stock options
● Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
● Unlimited Vacation
● Paid birth and parental leave
● Stipend for continuing education
● Have a measurable positive impact on society
● Work with a team of passionate professionals
● Pre-tax dependent care, and health FSAs
● Employer-sponsored 401K
● Cashback donation matching
● Quarterly company retreats and volunteer activities
● Remote first!
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.